TAH Still in pain - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Re: Still in pain

well hopefully katwoman,you'll be like me and you suddenly forget what week you're in.i hope this for u.
yeah,got 3rd opinion he said i needed surgery but i have got to quit smoking.i am waiting to hear when surgery is gonna be.dr may wait til the 5th week mark like we had discussed that way i have plenty of time to get nicotine out of my system.i just wish i knew this for sure.my insurance wouldnt pay for brandname lortab like i need so i bout 4 pills last night from my prescription.thats all i could afford.gonna call pharmacy back to see if the proper paperwork from dr was turned back in.it has to say 'brandname-medically necessary' dr office turned in paperwork just stating i was allergic to fillers in generics.total b.s..its basically the same thing but different wording-go figure-thank god,i had left-over pain meds.
so who all's working today?i am going by work but not really working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM

Good morning katwomen, Carnationz, christinatas
Thank you girls for wishing me good luck on my first day back.
Hope it goes the same today.
Katwomen: I didn't really ever have pain just discomfort I stop staking pain meds 2 days after I got home from the hospital, I do feel heaviness and pulling in my lower stomach but that's all. Where do you feel your pain? And why do you think it's still going on?
Hope you girls have a great day today I'm off to work yay...hugs
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Christinatas, do you mean week five post op or week five of not smoking? I hope you get the pills you need today. I am a nurse but I haven't gone back to work yet even if I could I don't have a job anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM

Katwoman - I'm at 8 weeks tomorrow. Back is still bad - I know that back takes awhile to heal but just didn't need this right now just like we all don't need a secondary pain!
Christinatas - I also smoked for over 20 years and have been smoke free 14 years this August. Katwoman and I will cheer you on when you are ready to take the stop smoking plunge. I promise you that you will have such a feeling of freedom after! No longer have to think about how you can get that next smoke in when you are out somewhere! Do you have no smoking bylaws? You can't smoke anywhere public here including outdoor public places like the zoo etc! Now they are trying to make it illegal to smoke anywhere children are. My great aunt quit in her 70s saying nobody's gonna tell her where she can and can't smoke! I wish you well!
Y777 - have another fantastic day and let us know how it goes - you are inspiring that there is good to come!!
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:45 AM

Y777, my pain is from the top of my abdomen to my pelvic, I feel like my belly weigh's me down, a pulling feeling and pain when I walk. My Dr wont answer my questions I am trying to find a new oncology gyn but its hard when you have to pick someone from the internet.
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM

I feel the same like you describe but it's more discomfort then pain especially when I get up so what I did yesterday here at work is put in my belly band and it helps with that feeling. Hope your able to find a doctor that can give you answers that would be so fustrating.
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:36 AM

I too feel like my stomach weighs me down mostly when tired or at night. Wish I'd known about a belly band before hand - by the time I order it and it's delivered I won't need it.......I think....
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM

I got mine right away and believe me you will feel much better, it takes that heavy feeling away and it makes me walk faster and straight. I ordered from this site by the way.
Unread 04-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Did you order it before surgery? Or how long after?
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM

I ordered 2 weeks after surgery but i didn't actually use it till yesterday I was to scared too but Im glad I did cause my tummy feels so much better then without it.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register