TAH Still in pain - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Re: Still in pain

The vaginal cuff is all the stitching at the top of the vagina where the cervix used to be.
I would agree you should see another doctor if the one you have is not at all listening to you or being sympathetic.

I am also having a hard time being patient when it comes to not having a tidy house. My husband is being very helpful, but his idea of cleaning and mine are two very different things.

I guess I would rather have a semi-clean house and no swelly belly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Traeleigh, so I guess you read my horrible dr. Visit post I have never met a uncareing Dr like him in my life and I have been a medical assistant for 22 years. So I don't feel any better today then I did yesterday.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:19 PM

llt070451, thanks for all the advice you helped me feel at ease , I will not give up looking for a new Dr. I wish I had one you girls coming with me I bet he would listen then LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Grace35 , I am lucky my husband cooks,cleans, food shopping, wash clothes and does it really good. Thats why I don't understand why I don't heal quickly I don't do anything but walk and rest.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katwoman1013 View Post
Grace35 , I am lucky my husband cooks,cleans, food shopping, wash clothes and does it really good. Thats why I don't understand why I don't heal quickly I don't do anything but walk and rest.
That is great that your husband is so helpful. My husband tries hard, but I feel like it is supposed to be "my job". I am a house wife who normal runs things. He works full time 12 hour over night shifts and is going to school. This slow recovery is really making me feel guilty and frustrated because I can't do "my job". I am trying to be patient and just let it go, but that gets harder every day. I am lucky that he is very supportive and could care less about the house being perfect. I should learn from him I suppose.

If I were at your doctor's appointment, I would have taken care of business for you.
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:22 PM

Grace35, it sounds like your husband is juggling a lot so are you don't worry about the house it will still be there when you are ready to fix it how you like to. Your health is more important .
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:51 AM

So the Dr says everything is fine so why am I still up in pain at 4:45 am ? He has to be taking the drugs that I so desperately need. I am sooo tired and can't find a comfortable way to sleep even with all my 6 pillows LOL. O well I hope all my sisters had a good nights sleep xoxo
Unread 03-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Still in pain

Good day girls. I am new in this. Reading all your stories let me really feel much better. I am week 3 after surgery and are very depressed. PAIN!!! Every time that I go to the loo for number 1 or 2 or standing up or walking around. It is like severe cramps. It is just so pain full. My dr is also not very talkative, very nice dr an sympathetic, but not much info. Just said all went well.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:35 AM

DDDwiese, week 3 can be confusing you will have some days you don't feel so bad then the pain will feel like the first week. I still get pain when I use the bathroom everything is swollen inside that really is normal. As for the Dr don't make the same mistake I did FIND SOMEONE THAT WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS . For now this is the get as much rest as can week but of course make sure you walk enough through out the day. Hope today will be one of the good days because with this we take it day by day.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katwoman1013 View Post
Traeleigh, so I guess you read my horrible dr. Visit post I have never met a uncareing Dr like him in my life and I have been a medical assistant for 22 years. So I don't feel any better today then I did yesterday.
I'm so sorry that you are being treated this way by your doctor. I really think you need to try to see a different doctor. You should be able to have your questions answered. Does your doctor have a partner in his practice that maybe you could see?

I hope you start to feel better very soon. I know it is frustrating and being stressed out about your doctor does not help the situation at all!!

Please try to find someone else to see so you can get the answers that you deserve.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register