TAH Still in pain - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Still in pain

DDDwiese, drink lots and lots of water and walk. I know it isn't always comfortable. Walking is good for you! Hang in there!

Katwoman1013, have had some discharge, but not colored or offensive smelling. I guess it could be a sign of infection and if you are having pain with it, kinda makes sense. Wish I could be more help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Re: Still in pain

Hey girls, hope all is well. So I went for a 2nd opinion today and this GYN said he thinks I do have an infection gave me a gel to use vaginal but I didn't use anything yet but now iam staining after the exam did that ever happen to any of you after a exam? Iam scared
Unread 03-29-2012, 05:51 PM

Katwoman,

I think a little blood after an internal exam is to be expected. Glad you got another doctor Maybe shoot this doc a call if the staining concerns you for reassurance.

I am glad you got treatment! Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Hi, Chin up! I am 4 months after surgery and abdomen is still tender, belly is numb, still hurts sometimes to pee, but things are still getting better! Time is huge when you are dealing with this stuff. I had no idea the healing process would be this long. I kind of thought - NOT ME. I'm very active, kind of young (40) but this was tough, much tougher than I thought. Hang in there, give your body time, and don't think about it all the time. The negative will consume you, scare you, and depress you. Try and do things to keep your mind busy, things that you enjoy - although you are limited you can still read, rent great movies, spend time with loved ones, do small chores that don't require you to lift or strain yourself. I found myself walking up and down my driveway just to stop walking circles through the house. It was slow and often times not very comfortable but I was told if you want to heal you have to move / walk, walk, walk.

take care of yourself and write if you need a pick you up!! Smile!
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:02 PM

Wynnwood,thank you it helps a lot to hear from others who feel like I do. Not that I wish pain on anybody because this feeling sucks. I guess iam just a big baby and being a medical assistant for 22yr. Don't help cause I know things that I wish I didn't. So I hope you continue to improve and yes when I need a pick me up I will go to you. <3
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:16 AM

Good morning,so I know eveyone except me is sleeping but, I have been staining since 8pm last night, do you guys think this is normal since I had two pelvic exams within two days cause iam freaking out. I guess because of the hemorrhage that I had 6 days post op TAH I get flash backs and then I think it will happen again. I have not stained since then it was 5weeks ago. I know I must sound like a a basket case.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:09 PM

Hey girls how is eveyone doing? Hope all is well enjoy your weekend ;-)
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:26 PM

Its scary to have complications. You don't sound like a basket case. You sound like someone who needs some reassurance. I read a lot of people who are still spotting at weeks five and six and it seems "normal" doesn't have any consistency with this procedure. Everybody's healing process seems to have variations and this is one of them. If you do have an infection I would assume that even with the treatment you would be spotting for at least a few days. I hope you are also resting. I find that the only truly restful position is lying down. Even sitting on my recliner still puts undue pressure on the cuff and I hurt. That cant help healing.
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Hi, I've had a stressful day and so happy that it's Friday Night!!!

How was your day today? are you feeling any better??
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:02 AM

Good morning girls, its a beautiful sunny day here in Florida (too bad I can't enjoy it) but I hope wherever you are its just as nice and you get out and have fun. As for me I still have that pink/brown discharge like when we use to get our period and it was the last day. Is anyone 6weeks or more post op and didn't have any bleeding or discharge for 5 weeks and then started? Please tell me cause iam going crazy with worry. One dr.said its normal another said I have a infection. One gave me vaginal gel the other doxyclicine and flagel so what do I do they both have not to good side effects and I don't wanna take anything if its normal from stitches healing like the one said. No one took a culture. Thank you for listening to me go on and on.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register