Fed up and fat! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fed up and fat! Fed up and fat!

Unread 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Re: Fed up and fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steena View Post
@darncancer: so glad to hear you're cancer free! I remember waiting for the results of my analyses - longest 10 days of my life!
There are worse things than being a bit fat, huh ladies?
There are much worse things than being fat! This is just temporary and the swelling will go away. I am 10 days post op and I am still in muumuus because pants are not an option. I bought some sweatpants that are 4 sizes too big and they still hurt after wearing them a little while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 11:47 AM

Hi Ladies, sorry to how you are all feeling hope it gets better for all of you but it dose take time... i had my op 1st july 2011 ive still got a swelly belly but not as bad. it used to be swollen from under my rib cage down to my belly.. its gone down a bit. Ive been told it can take up to 18mths to fully recover.... so please ladies bare with it there is light at the end of the tunnel but we all have to be patient...
Good luck ladies and take care X
Unread 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Oh the belly! Part of my pre-surgery issue was weight loss due to total lack of appetite. I had endometriosis binding my left ovary to my colon (in addition to cysts and fibroids.) I went from 130 to 115 in the year before surgery. It was no fun making myself eat...but I thought I looked GREAT. Me? A size four? WOW! But in actuality, I was in so much pain that I didn't want to shop for the cute clothes I could have worn. Anyway, I'm 5 weeks post surgery, lost an additional 5 lbs. and now my belly REALLY sticks out. What a joke on me. Still, the pain is gone and I am much better off. I would SO rather look pregnant than hurt all the time. I'm glad to know that eventually, the swelling will subside. If it doesn't hurt, I can be patient! Hang in there sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:27 PM

Glad you are feeling much better elvin. It sounded painful before the surgery. How are all you women loosing weight? I came home much heavier, then finally went down to my pre surgery weight and am now gaining weight. I think it is because I am back to my normal eating and not my normal activity level. Plus all my friends want to meet me for lunches which is great for the social aspect, now I need to have will power and just order a cup of soup.
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM

Hello ladies,

I too still have the swollen belly and am sooo ready to be normal again!! I am one week away from being 5 months of a total hysterectomy. I for sure thought the belly would be gone by now. I can tell it is a little bit better, but still have a long way to go. Is this normal?? It seems that a lot of ppl have it. My doctor forgot to tell me about this one. Go figure! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

hugs to you all!

Lynn
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steena View Post
I've read so many sad stories here, people having much worse surgery than mine, that I'm embarassed to be complaining but I need to rant!
2 months post-op and my stomach is still swollen and numb, sometimes it feels like it doesn't even belong to me! I know it's part of the healing process, and I've even told other people here on this site that that's the case and to be patient, but for some reason that's not helping today. Some idiot was staring at my stomach on the train today and I just wanted to smack him!
I had my hysterectomy because of a risk of cancer, and I've accepted - more or less - that it was the best thing to do, so why am I so resentful all of a sudden? Why am I so sick of all the symptoms? I just want to bury myself under a duvet today and not come out for a long time....
OK, thanks for reading. I'll get over this. Just wish I knew when. Anyone else just want to shut the door on the world?
My doctor said it could take a few months, but what I notice is that if I am up a long time belly gets bigger. If you are working you are up all day... plus household duties.
Sounds like you need a pamper me day
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Hello Hystersisters,

I had a TAH on June 7th, 2011.. Time sure has pass fast and boy did I gain weight... HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP! I've gained 27 pounds and my breast are getting SUPER HUGE.. Has anyone else had this happen? I am also having joint pain and bad headaces.. I am still anemic. I had a 12 pound uterine fibroid tumor remove and lost tons of weight at first, but now, WOWZER! Can someone please respond!

Thank you,

MissTinkerBelly
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM

I like your style Lori! How about a pamper me week? Now if only I can convince my boss....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffn43 View Post
My doctor said it could take a few months, but what I notice is that if I am up a long time belly gets bigger. If you are working you are up all day... plus household duties.
Sounds like you need a pamper me day
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM

All of you beautiful Sisters we ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT. I am 6 wks post op, been through an interview, and did the best I could with clothes. We are all alive and that is a bonus. The bigger picture is we are healing....slower than we thought butwe are not in a hospital and not sick anymore. Have hope for a better day, I do. Use friends for support and never forget our bodies are our castles...treat them kindly, nourish them, and we will all be better soon. How soon? I wish I had the magic answer for all of you beautiful woman...chins up...we are brave, we are strong and we are BEAUTIFUL fat days and all...xoxo too all in recovery. It is not easy but we have each other and WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!
Better days ahead,

Laurie
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Know how you feel girls. Before my hyst (which was to remove a 4 month pregnancy sized fibroid) my belly was a quarter of the size it is now. Also, being tall and slim doesn't help as my belly looks even more potruding (
It has a very low bulge (like just before you go into labour and your bump "drops") and is most unattractive.
Can't wait for it to decrease.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register