Scheduled TLH My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED) My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED)

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Re: My dr just broke up with me

Before you talk to anyone, I would first get a copy of your medical records by them, then I would start asking questions.
Document everything, who you talked with, when and time. Afterwards, if your satisfied with the info which you are given by them, get out of there and go see another Dr. in a new practice. At that point, look at it as if your going for a second opinion.
I feel bad that you have to go thru this, but I'm a true believer that things happen for a reason, so maybe it is all for the best.
This kind of thing happened to me. My regular Dr. just seemed to disappear, so another Dr. saw me and I wished I could of run right out the first second she started with me. She had manners like an ***. Not gentle at all with me. Cold as ice . So
I just said yes to everything she said so I could get out of there, called the next day and told the office I would never
return.
Then my GP office recommend me to another, and I was so
happy then. So you never know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 01:01 AM

What a strange thing for a Dr to do.?? I would definitely get all your records before asking questions. Not to get too personal, but is there any reason you can think of that maybe made her prejudice towards you? It just seems so odd that a Dr would dump you with such a vague reason. She could easily have just told you she was overwhelmed with work due to her pending baby on the way and just transferred you to another dr in her practice without making it personal towards you!
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:45 AM

I keep thinking about our conversations trying to figure out if I did say something to offend her. I did ask her about her baby and due date. She stated she planned on working right up until she had her baby and that is what she did with her first pregnancy. I really don't think I asked her or said anything that was offensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 04:07 AM

I seriously doubt if you said or did anything inappropriate. I think this sounds weird but I would just find another doc. I doubt if you would have wanted her to operate on you feeling the way she is. I wonder if this is related in any way to the pregnancy. And you do have a right to ask as many questions as you need to. Heavens, I asked my doc straight out if he really thought he could do the surgery without causing major damage! If anyone would be dumped, it would have been me. I was very worried about this due to being told before that they couldn't do the surgery without major problems as a result. So it really is ok to ask a lot of questions.
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM

Doctors are just like you and me, they go home after work and have the same problems. She may have not felt comfortable and did not want any added stress, especially if she is having a baby soon. Surgery is a risk and maybe she does not want to have any added risks or stress during this time when shew is expecting. I would feel good to know shw referred you to a doc in her practice. Don't worry.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Hmm, just trying to look at the big picture and think outside the box - I wonder if she thought it was too personal for you to ask about her due date, since she said she would be working up until that day - do you think somehow she took offense to that? I definitely wouldn't have and would feel compelled to share that info with my patients were the tables turned - but we don't really know the rest of the story - maybe she's getting pressure from peers, family, other patients? I'm just glad that she had the guts to do the right thing for you - which I feel is exactly what she did - she didn't feel right about doing your surgery so she passed on it instead of being "money-hungry" and just sucking up her feelings and doing it anyway. I do respect that aspect and am thankful that she did you that favor. I do, however - feel that she could have totally handled it better so that you didn't have to feel the confusion/disappointment/etc that you're feeling. But, then again, our doctors are human too. While she may be a doc, she's trained in gyn, not psych - ya know? Best of luck in getting into a new doc and hopefully getting ur surgery scheduled as closely as possible to your original date so that you don't have to make too many adjustments to the schedule! Mine was scheduled within 2 weeks of the very first visit to my doc! Definitely want to hear how the call goes to the dept head! Let us know!
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED)

It sounds like she was not comfortable during surgery while being pregnant. Girl that is good because with this surgery you cannot afford mistakes so count it all joy because God never makes mistakes but he makes divine appt. So see if you can find another gyn that is personable and caring and get healthy be blessed and encouraged
  Quote:
Originally Posted by greyown View Post
I'd want a different group, too, and would want the dept heads story, too. This is an unusual event and you have to wonder where her thinking was. I'm glad you do have choices.
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:13 PM

The dr that broke up with me referred me to another dr in the same practice. Turns out to be the Division Chief. I was going to call yesterday and cancel the appointment with the new Dr. and go to another practice/hospital. I got busy and did not call. I went to the appointment this morning really out of curiosity to hear what he would say and to get my records. After talking to the new Dr. and another exam... I like him and I really do feel comfortable with him. I did not expect that!!
As soon as he came in the room he addressed the situation between other dr and myself. He did not come out and say it but hinted that if anything went wrong she felt that I might blame it on her being pregrant! I do really appreciate her not going trough with op and speaking up, I just wish she had better communication skills or a third party in the room to mediate.
I met with the new dr. not wanting to like him but I felt very comfortable with him. I asked all the questions plus more. I told him if anything went wrong I would blame him for being a man and not totally understanding what it was like to be a woman ( half way joking).
We talked about my surgery and he said he was almost sure that his schedule was already blocked out for my original surgery date. He will have his scheduling nurse call me this afternoon to confirm. He even stayed in the room answering my questions and talking to me for over a hour and a half!
I told him that after I find out if he can do the surgery on my original date of April 6 I would let him know tomorrow morning if I will go through with surgery with him as my dr.
I am really confused now... I did not want to like dr #2 but I do even more then then dr #1. I am trying to seperate my "bad" feelings with dr #1 and not let that interfere with my decision of dr #2 do surgery.
Right now it seems like they (dr #2 and even the hospital) are in "damage control" mode and really trying to accomadate me...which is kinda nice.
I really want to be mad at the whole practice/hospital (me & my stubbern self) by what dr #1 did but I do like the new dr and feel comfortable with him!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 03:16 PM

Hey, you have to go with your gut. If you like him and you feel great with him, then go for it! I think it's nice that he addressed the issue with old doc, that makes sense. But just listen to your instinct and do what you feel is truly best for you
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM

I say your one lucky girl! Things happen for a reason and it seems your reason was to get lucky enough to get a better doctor. It makes sense the practice doesn't want her operating while pregnant, she just didn't quite relay it to you that way. I loved the part you said about him being a man!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register