Scheduled TLH My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED) My dr just broke up with me (UPDATED)

Unread 03-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Re: My dr just broke up with me

Hi Stacie! Go with your gut feeling. As I wrote to you before, when I met with my second Dr. I was confident that he was going to be my surgeon. It's a strange feeling that we get so go with it. Mine was great, before,during and after the surgery and I could proudly recommend him to anyone for that matter, so maybe you could do the same. Look up his name and read about his credentials. Only you could make the right decision for your self. We're here for support no matter what you decide. Let us know. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM

I changed doctors mid-diagnosis. I know how nerve-wracking that can be. I really hoped I was doing the right thing--after all, I'd only seen this new doc once. It's hard to make a decision so quickly. But he, like yours, also spent more than an hour and a half with me. I liked the way he seemed to be concerned with details, sitting there rambling on about my past tests. Good fit for me. He came in after surgery, sat in the chair, and rambled about my surgery and recovery. I so appreciate the unhurriedness. In fact, he was in my room so long at the hospital, the nurse treated him as though he was just a visitor. (Boy, was she embarrassed.)

Your new doc's got a couple of things going for him. Time--the amount of time he spent with you. That's a positive. And you used the word "comfortable" several times. Comfortable-ness usually takes a while to develop. If you've got that already, that's really good. This is one surgery where the ability to comfortably talk about anything and everything is worth a lot. And being able to joke with him? Even better. Now, is he a good doctor? I'd still want someone who's going to do a good job on my innards. He's the Division Chief. Does that mean that he knows his stuff? It sounds like it.

If he were a puppy at the pound, you'd have brought him home already.

But seriously, they say to follow your first instincts because that part of the brain doesn't get caught up in the kind of indecisiveness that our logical brains get stuck in.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks for all the comments. I did research him before our meeting and it appears that he knows his stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM

WOW!! I have never heard of such a thing!!! I love my doctor, she has helped me through so much!! I even waited and picked insurance that would cover her.
How long has she been your doc?
I too, would find another practice!
Praying for you as you begin a new journey!
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Re: My dr just broke up with me (update)

I wanted to let everyone know how this turned out. I went with the dr I was referred to within the practice/hospital.
He had lots more more experience and teacher of robotic surgery to otter drs. He was very skilled in regular lap hysterectomies and DvH. I asked incase there was a problem with robotics. Yes, he answered all my question usually without laughing.
I am very happy he was my dr! I made him work during my surgery. It lasted almost 5 hours and he ended up
making a 2 inch low abdominal cut to get one stuburn Fibroid out. If he did not cut me surgery would of taken
another 1.5 hours and he did not want to keep me out longer. He has never seen fibroids like mine and said it was one of his hardest surgeries!
I think he cancelled the surgery after mine (sorry)
Hey, I always say if you do something do it big.
I am just over 2 weeks post op and so happy he was my dr. It might not of turned out as well if someone without his experience did it. I always say things happen for a reason and I'm glad they do!!
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Congrats Stacie! Thanks for letting us know how things ended up.

I go in on June 11 for DVh and my Dr. is a trainer for other Drs too. I'm excited and ready to be done!
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM

So glad to hear that it worked out for you. It just proves that it did all work out in the end. Sometimes, it turns out that something that seems bad turns out well.
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:29 PM

I am so glad things turned out good for you with the new dr.
:cathugs:
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM

I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out for you in the end.

When I first started reading this thread I was shocked, I'd never heard of such a thing!

Just goes to show that everything happens for a reason - had Dr 1 actually done your surgery she may not have had the experience to handle everything you threw at her the way Dr 2 did.
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:44 PM

I'm so happy your surgery turned out well and you had a doctor who was up for the task. Your story will probably be the one the doctor uses as an illustration to his other patients . . . "I had a patient that was much worse than you, and she did beautifully!"

I hope your recovery goes well also. You'll hear it a hundred times from those who have gone before you, but TAKE IT EASY!!! You have lots of places trying to heal. And they won't heal as well or as quickly if they keep getting stretched and pulled. And they heal when your body is at rest.

It seems to take for-ev-er, but then all of a sudden, you'll feel good again (and hopefully even better than before!)

So happy for you, Stacie !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register