2 days until.....3/29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days until.....3/29 2 days until.....3/29

Unread 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM
2 days until.....3/29

Surgery is scheduled for Thursday and I've developed a HUGE case of stage fright. I know that once I get back on my feet I'll feel lots better, its just the negative stories have gotten to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Re: 2 days until.....

hang in there, ill probably be the same way once it gets closer to then. were all here for you!
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Thanks iwillsurvive.....so glad I found this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:52 PM

youre very welcome and so am i
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM

I think ill be the same way! Wait, I think EVERYONE probably gets nervous! Ive been keeping busy to keep my mind off it, but when I lay in bed it hits me and I think "im really gonna do this!"
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM

I know, same here! At one point I was so, well almost excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today on the other hand, I've worried about everything from amount of recovery time to weight gain! I think I've covered about EVERY possible area there is to worry about. I 'm just really really nervous now
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:21 PM

I've read a few hyster stories that included advice not to read post op forums while still pre op. Boy do I see what they mean by that! My poor dh, every night I have a different possible post op complication that im scared to death about! Lol! He said "you need to stay off the internet!"
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:28 PM

bittersweets: im the same way, im super busy during the day but then i lay down in bed at night and it all hits me and i ask the same thing, "am i really doing this" each time i start to doubt it i remind myself that i will be eliminating a lot of my pain and sickness problems. just wish it would hurry up and get here
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM

My surgery is wednesday, so i know how you feel! I sawvmy Dr. Today for pre-op stuff and broke down crying in her office! As they say, the waiting is the hardest part! Best wishes to you
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:29 AM

My surgery is monday april 2. boy I know what you mean about the negative stories on here. I just quit reading them. I am having a hysterectomy with bladder sling, my bladder has dropped way down, and I am in constant pain. I have 2 friends who had complications with the bladder sling, so that does not help me much. My older sister and mother have both had same surgery and had really good results, so I am clinging to that.
I have vowed to myself that I will post my good results when I get them, for others to read and be incouraged. I think most have good results, but get busy getting on with their lives and don't come back here and post. I am determined to be ok.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register