2 days until.....3/29 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days until.....3/29 2 days until.....3/29

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Re: 2 days until.....

Thank you ALL for the support!!!! I had my pre-op today and everyone I talked with was patient ( with all my questions) and extremely nice. I do feel somewhat better, although I have to admit I did have a crying jag on the way over Chalking that up to nerves once again.... to Buttercream best of luck ....we'll get through this!!! To Flamewoman cling to those good reports!!! I keep trying to look at the positive , all those things I've been missing out on, I now may have a chance at not missing anymore!!!! That's a def. happy thought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:18 PM

Glad your preop went well... Now just relax and you will be on the other side before you know it..
Unread 03-28-2012, 02:11 AM

Hi ladies. I am 3 weeks post-op from a TAH (kept both ovaries) at age 26. I too was excited for my surgery to get here and then promptly freaked out the night before and got no sleep. When I woke up in recovery I was in pain, yes, but the horrific cramping that had become my life was gone. GONE! I won't tell you that recovery is a breeze but the knowledge that they fixed me is so freeing. Pain-wise and energy-wise, i am miles better than I was before the surgery. It was so worth it! There is no where to go but up from here. Hang in there ladies. I wish you the best recovery possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2012, 03:11 AM

Hi ladies -

You'll all be in my thoughts the next couple days as you approach your "day at the castle" as this site calls it.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op now, and if I can give you any advice as your days approach, it's this: first off - if you have questions, ask. Feel free to call your doctor with any concern you may have about the procedure as it's been explained that it will be performed on you for your specific case. They've seen the mri or ultrasound results, they know your history and symptoms, etc., and they know what they expect to see and do while they're in your surgery. So get it right from the horses mouth. I called my doctor's office a couple times pre-op, and it helped a lot. Second - for moral support and personal experience, you are in the right place!!! If it weren't for this website, I'd have gone bananas with the stress! Everyone here knows what you're going thru, and there's tons of love here! Third - make sure you're all prepared for your recovery. Once you're home, you don't want to have to worry about anything. Lastly- be kind to yourselves! This is a big deal, and lots of emotions go with it. Stick with the pre-op forums for now, don't get into post-op stuff on this site until you're also post-op. If you wonder about post-op happenings, check out the post-op checkpoints. There's a lot of info in there on what to expect, without the scary stuff to fill your head full of frightening "what-ifs".

Remember to "pamper the princess"! Best of luck, speedy healing, and lots of hugs!!!
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:21 AM

I was you 2 wks ago. I am currently 12 days post op and feel great. The surgery took an hour, I spent 4 days resting in the hospital (I had a SAH) and the most important thing I can tell you is to listen to your Dr. When they say don't do anything or take it very easy...do it. When I started to feel better 5 days post op I did a little too much and I took like 3 steps back. I rested on day 6 felt better again and on day 7 I did too much again (had no choice my kids got sick and I had to tend to them). On day 8 I told my husband no way am I even going to do anything...and since then I've felt great.

Nerves are completely normal but this time next week you will feel very differently!

Good Luck!
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM

thats nice to know, im having TAH on the 10th. super excited for it to get here so i can get rid of my many problems, but now that its getting close, im starting to get scared too. ive had surgeries before but nothing this serious. im 27.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwiz View Post
Hi ladies. I am 3 weeks post-op from a TAH (kept both ovaries) at age 26. I too was excited for my surgery to get here and then promptly freaked out the night before and got no sleep. When I woke up in recovery I was in pain, yes, but the horrific cramping that had become my life was gone. GONE! I won't tell you that recovery is a breeze but the knowledge that they fixed me is so freeing. Pain-wise and energy-wise, i am miles better than I was before the surgery. It was so worth it! There is no where to go but up from here. Hang in there ladies. I wish you the best recovery possible!
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM

Well tomorrow is my "day at the castle". Still nervous, but I sooooo appreciate all the positive words you all have sent my way! It really has helped knowing there are others who've been right were I'm at now, will update as soon as I can.....until next time!
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM

I was very nervous before my surgery, I am 4 weeks post-op and I feel really good. Make sure to get a good nights sleep and try to relax as much as possible. You will be just fine!
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Good luck for today, hopetodance. Will be in my thoughts. iright behind you in the castle on Friday, in sunny Exeter in Devon England.
It's great to have found this site although I prob should sleep as last day of work tomorrow.
Much love to all of you On this journey.
Claire
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:32 PM

@Hopetodance GOOD LUCK! We're rooting for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register