Question: uterus and cervix being removed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question: uterus and cervix being removed Question: uterus and cervix being removed

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Question: uterus and cervix being removed

I am 41 and never had children. My hysterectomy is scheduled 4-18th, removal of uterus and cervix. I have had cervical cancer and a cone producer done back in 1999, and a few abnormal paps. The reason for this surgery is the three 4cm fibroids that are sitting at the back of my uterus and applying pressure on bladder & bowels. I have to take a lax every night and feel like I have to pee constantly, my abdominal is swollen and I look 5 months pregnant and sex is painful with shooting stabbing pains & spasms rectum and pelvic floor area... My question is that since I have to have my cervix removed along with my uterus will this effect sexual function? I will still have my ovaries and hopefully still get the hormones that I need. PS: I have been doing Kegel exercises thinking it will help........
Thanks much gratitude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Re: Question: uterus and cervix being removed

Personally I don't notice my cervix being gone but I do miss my uterus. I notice no difference in the natural lubrication or the length of my vagina. My DH notices no difference at all. Sex still does make me a little sore, I'm finding it takes a long time to heal. I do miss the strong uterine contractions I used to get during orgasm. I still have the "o" but it lacks the depth and length they used to have.
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:44 PM

I lost both uterus and cervix, as well as ovaries and tubes. Everything is gone. For sexual function, sex feels a bit different for me. My orgasm are not as intense, like sugarandspice I miss the muscle contraction during orgasm. However, I have orgasms more frequently - so who knows what the body will do. We do need to use lubricant, and that has been a source of frustration for me.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:10 AM

Thank you for your responses. Much gratitude!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM

I am the opposite of sugarandspice and marestail. I do not miss my cervix or uterus. My sex life has improved dramatically since my surgery. My orgasms are WAY more intense and happen more frequently.

Everyone is different, but usually, if you have a good sex life now, then you will have a good sex life post-op. If you have painful sex now, it will likely improve because you should hopefully be pain free when this is all over.

Like everyone has said, everyone is different, and unfortunately, you just can't know what your outcome will be. Just try to think positive. I hope it all works out for you as well as it did for me.

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:06 AM

thank you!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM

oops can't spell. Cone procedure.............

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register