Scheduled TAH Frustrating Family Members | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrating Family Members Frustrating Family Members

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Frustrating Family Members

I have seen a couple posts along with my own feelings about family members that are unsupportive of our decisions to have these hysterectomies. They make rude comments, tell you that you are making the wrong decision, tell you surgery gone wrong horror stories, etc. DO NOT LET THEM UPSET YOU! I myself have been dealing with this and it is not okay. They have no idea how much pain, sickness, etc we are dealing with. Would they rather we be miserable all our lives? It effects our work, our personal lives and our abilities to be active in our children's lives. Why keep going on like this? Personally, if they were dealing with everything we are dealing with, do you think they would think twice about getting this done? Keep your heads up and stay strong. If you believe like myself that this is the only option for you at this point, dont let them change your mind. Do what makes you happy and not miserable. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Re: Frustrating Family Members

You tell 'em sister!!

It's SO true - many people simply don't understand. Or they try to offer well-meaning advice and it ends up being callous or hurtful.

Even other women sometimes - they make comments about vacations or being 'lucky' to have a hysterectomy so that you won't get periods anymore...

True - I get time off and I won't have periods again. But this is rough! I have suffered for years before making this decision! I hope they never have even one-tenth of the issues I have and being on this board has taught me that I have suffered MUCH LESS than quite a few women - they are amazing!

Yay for this place
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Re: Frustrating Family Members

thanks for the reply. it just gets so rediculous sometimes. ive had surgeries before but they were laparoscopies. This is being done abdominally so frankly i dont want to hear about all these surgeries that have gone wrong or ended up making people feel worse. that barely ever happens and at this point, im willing to take that risk. i have battled ovarian cysts since 1999, had 3 surgeries, abnormally heavy periods to the point i was changing every half hour and getting faintlike and sick, in pain, etc, im allergic to all birth controls. i havent been able to enjoy life cuz of always hurting or being sick. this is a decision i have been thinking and researching about for years and i finally cant take it anymore. it honkerblonkes me off when family, friends, etc dont support you on major decisions like this. shows who really cares about you. yes i want more babies but i want to adopt, help out a child who doesnt have a home or has a bad one.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register