Scheduled LAVH Could use a pep talk | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could use a pep talk Could use a pep talk

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Could use a pep talk

I'm so emotional today! All of you on here have been so helpful in so many ways, i've spent alot of time reading everyone's experiences, thank you.

Today i've been crying on and off all day. My surgery isn't until May, but I feel overwhelmed today and have been going back and forth about whether i'm doing the right thing. Then I get a shooting pain right through my pelvis and go yep its right. Then I feel no pain and doubt again. I have cramps on and off the entire month and most of the time they are not severe but they are there. I know both ovaries are covered in cysts and i'm bloated most of the time. But the doubts still linger. Honestly i'm SO TIRED of doubting and seesawing on this. Tell me this is normal

I've had multiple surgeries before for my appendix, gallbladder, endometrioma removal, and none of those have bothered me the way this one has. I hope i'm doing the right thing. Doctor thinks I am. Sometimes I think I am..sometimes I don't..there I go again. UGH ..help,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Re: Could use a pep talk

Im sorry you are feeling sad. I have not had hysterectomy yet, but im sure its normal. I still feel bery calm, my suregry its in two weeks. I will see how far I can go this calm.. Try not to worry to much. Im sure you are doing the right thing..
Unread 03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Could use a pep talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb82 View Post
Im sorry you are feeling sad. I have not had hysterectomy yet, but im sure its normal. I still feel bery calm, my suregry its in two weeks. I will see how far I can go this calm.. Try not to worry to much. Im sure you are doing the right thing..
Thank you I hope your surgery goes well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 12:47 AM

My surgery is April 4. I have spent the past 6 weeks going back and forth in my decision. It is normal, so don't worry. I have read many posts from Sisters that said they went back and forth wondering if their decision was right.I have been quite emotional also. ( I've also read on here that too is normal). I feel my decision to have the surgery is the right decision, it's just the waiting that seems so horrible. I am about a week away so have been trying to keep busy getting everything done that I know I won't be able to do during recovery. I have noticed when I'm busy I have less time to doubt my decision and worry about surgery.I have insomnia also. Lay awake in bed and scary thoughts about surgery and recovery run through my head. ( That's why I'm up in the middle of the night surfing through this forum!)
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:07 AM

My TAH is on the 12th April I too can't think of anything else and because I don't have any pain at the moment
my thoughts are if it isn't broke why fix it, although I have now noticed my period is much more frequent then before like every 2 weeks and getting heavier, so maybe it would get worse. the reason for my op is I have fibroids and cysts on ovary. I am 50 years of age so don't want any more kids.
This website has been a great comfort to me knowing that I am not alone.
Can't wait to catch up with everyone on the other side.
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:33 AM

What you are all going through is completely normal. Whether or not you have had other surgeries, this one is just a bit harder to prepare for. This is a life changing surgery. I'm sure you don't miss your appendix or gallbladder, but chances are, you will miss your uterus. It is a difficult thing to deal with at times, so yes, your emotions and second guessing is completely normal.

I was the same way, but I can honestly tell you, from my experience, the waiting is the hardest part. The unknown is what scared me, but once it was over, I knew the pain I felt was temporary and I knew that once I was recovered, I could go on with the life I had missed out on for so long.

This is a very emotional time for everyone going through this. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember that we are all here for you!!

sending to you all!!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Hello ladies. I just want you all to know that i totally went through the same concerns as you all before my surgery. I absolutely had a great amount of discomfort, pain, swelling, frustrating every month minus about 5 days out of the whole month that i felt somewhat normal and no pain just achy and in those not so bad times i would think to self, maybe i dont need to have this surgery, maybe i can deal with those bad times, and i would think to self in not so bad days its not so bad lol, i would think to self i can put up with this and what am i doing deciding to have elective serious surgery what if i have further complications after surgery and to think i chose it lol....Really i was a battle within myself for long time. And when the horrific days hit me, oh yah thats when i was absolutely committed to do this surgery cuz the pain and all around horrible time i had totally moved me to have this surgery. So ladies i so totally know how your felling and i absolutely agree that this is normal to get all mixed up and be wavery, best thing to do is yes prepare yourself and pray about it and everyone is different in the whys and medical circumstances to have this procedure done. A week before my surgery i pre made lots of home made chicken soup and home made bread and completely cleaned house and went on crazy grocery shopping trip to be prepared as i was told to do nothing after surgery other than rest and take care of self and have a good support team post op...I hope this helps you all..my heart is with you all...i am now 19 days post op and so far yes ive had some big time concerns, but prayer and this site has helped me be at peace during these very very quiet days of doing nothing other than walking lots, drinking lots of water, playing with my dog, talking with good friends and trying to take it easy. Be good to yourselves and have some good laughs, be around positive people and watch comedies. Peace be with you all
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it You're right, its those days that I have little or no pain that is making me second guess. I never want to look back and say omg I should not have done that. But then I remember my condition and what it means when I keep dealing with it on and off.
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM

We all go through the emotional part of it - so don't beat yourself up! I cried every day for a week before my surgery. Know that it's done I can finally think about the good stuff - no more painful periods (I was getting 2 each month!) no more tampons, pads or anything else hidden every where in my life! I don't think you'll really miss the pain and cramps so just wait and see. I didn't really juggle around much about my decision since kids are done and hey, it's two less body parts that I have to worry about cancer in! Start doing your research, getting the house and family all set, make your list for pre-op with your doctor and don't worry. Even though I thought I was totally prepared and ready, I still got emotional. I have to say, don't think I'll miss the period part of my old life! Good Luck and read around the website - lots of great people who are in the same boat as you!
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM

You're right, its those days when I think wait, I'm electing to do this! I dont' have to do this! But with what I have, I know that its inevitable to have the surgery done, and putting it off will only cause me physical discomfort, mild or severe. I think its the fear of the unknown and wondering, how will I feel afterwards? will I regret it? I just want to prepare as much as possible emotionally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register