Scheduled dVH/RALH Last period ever! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period ever! Last period ever!

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Last period ever!

I started my last period yesterday and I feel weird about it. It feels like I should be celebrating or something.

I am in so much pain from it that I can barely move and it kept me awake all night. It came a week early and canceled plans I'd made with the husband. I have nothing nice to say about Aunt Flo but I'm still gonna miss her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Re: Last period ever!

When I had my last one it was kind of weird to think I don't have to deal with it anymore! Kind of feel like I should still be watching the calendar! Guess we just need to get those tampons and pads out of the house and appreciate a new-found freedom!! Good Luck during your surgery!
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM

I am hoping and praying I don't get another one early...surgery 2 weeks from today. I will NOT miss periods at all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM

I just finished my last period ever. They were heavy and lotof cluts like always but only lasted 4days. Very unuasule for me.. They always last last 8-10 days. This time only 4..
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:41 PM

My last period came one week before surgery. It was painful as usual and I took it as a reminder of how I needed this surgery. This week I realized I have not had a period in 4 weeks! And, I feel sooo much better! I'm not going to miss it at all. I wondered before surgery but now that it is all done, I'm thinking so long aunt flo, don't let the door hit you in the butt! . It really is so much better on this side! I wish you all happy, healthy surgery and recovery!
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:48 PM

I had my period start 2 days before surgery. Of course, surgery ended that pretty darned quick - and I am glad. Will I miss her visits? Nope. By the time I got into surgery, I was getting visited 2-3 times a month with non-stop heavy spotting in between. It was terrible.

Post-op I still bleed a little (vaginal cuff healing) and so still have to wear pads, but it's nothing compared to what it was.

Good luck with your surgeries! So far, I am SO glad I finally did this - it was long overdue.
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM

My last period was two weeks ago, my surgery is this week. It feels strange but I will be happy not to soak through things anymore. I do feel a little sense of missing too. Hopefully we'll both get over that fast.
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Yep, I started 2 days before my surgery! Just her way of saying: See Ya! I suppose! I will not miss it either. Funny thing is that afterwards the panty/tissue check is a hard habit to break! If you think about it, we've been checking that for what - 20, 30 years? Some of us even longer?! It'll be funny once we're all on the other side to be posting about doing that still!
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM

I've been bleeding for 2 weeks straight. I have to be anemic with all of the blood i have lost. It is a great feelingto know i will never have this problem again!
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesday20 View Post
Yep, I started 2 days before my surgery! Just her way of saying: See Ya! I suppose! I will not miss it either. Funny thing is that afterwards the panty/tissue check is a hard habit to break! If you think about it, we've been checking that for what - 20, 30 years? Some of us even longer?! It'll be funny once we're all on the other side to be posting about doing that still!
I had to calculate after reading your post ... 36 1/2 years! Oh my goodness!

3 weeks post op and yup, still checking! I have been blessed with minimal spotting a few days after surgery and nothing else! Undies are so much cleaner! I'm looking forward to buying prettier ones very soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register