Scheduled dVH/RALH Last period ever! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period ever! Last period ever!

Unread 03-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Re: Last period ever!

Waiting for my last one. Of course she is late but I think that is the plan. Surgery is three weeks awAy. I know she will remind me of how I want this done and it will curve my paranoia. Just dread the 30 min to hourly bolt to the bathroom and the embarrassment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM

Oh I can't wait until this is over--I plan on a whole new wardrobe of underwear. White, ivory, pale blue and pink.... silky, lacy....no more worries!
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:03 PM

I had to run out for more super duper tampons today. My grocery store is remodeling and I couldn't find them. The manager was lurking around and asked if he could help me find something. I smiled real big and said, "TAMPONS!!!" I was excited instead of embarrassed for once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM

I get the ultra! Only one store that has em! Spent 25 to prepare for this month hahaha. That comes to a 300.00 savings a year!
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:07 PM

I had MY last period EVER!!! WOOOHOOO!!! They've been getting horrible since I had my tubes tied when I was 26, so I'm THRILLED I won't be having 2-3 days DOWN every month!

Sending all my tampons and pads to my DIL
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:31 PM

My sister wanted to have a bonfire and burn my feminine products. My DD said absolutely not! She will be taking those expensive items for me! I have quite a bag full for her.
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM

My surgery is this Thursday the 29th of March. At my pre-op appt. the DR told me to stop taking my BCP's. I told them if I did I would start my period again for the second time this month (hubby has been fixed for 7 years now and I have been on BCP's to regulate my periods only). AND guess who showed up..... Yep, the red devil! So not liking this and looking forward to this never happening again! I am SO done with overflows, cramps and clots!

Red Devil...... YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED!!!

Jen
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:52 AM

That is one thing I am so looking forward to. No more cramps. No more clots (always made me wonder if I ever had a miscarriage.) No more bleeding over. Just one more than no more. Definitely one big positive to keep me looking forward.
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:10 AM

hi ladies. my heart is with you those who are awaiting your surgery date. yes i too had my last cycle a week before my surgery and actually i had no idea when it comes and goes cuz my cycle was always so wacked out all over calendar board that i never knew when it would come again as yes ide have 2 cycles as well in a month, and my fear before surgery was to get it the day of surgery or just day before surgery as i didnt know if that would affect anything lol...oh my little worries lol...but anyway yes i did same thing as my last cycle came a week before surgery i thought wow this is last time ime going to go through this and let me tell ya that last one was soooooooo horrific. and yep now that ime post op 19 days now ime still checking the tissue paper lol, and for sure thought i was going to get another cycle last week as i was getting some of the same symptoms of usual cycle coming on but it didnt and it was just minor pains nothing at all like it used to be whew...may you all be at peace as you await your surgeries and be at peace post op. see u back in here soon.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM

SAVE YOUR TAMPONS AND PADS!! I'm not throwing away the tampons and pads. I remember a funny story from my childhood I want to share. When I was a kid my Grandma had a hysterectomy. I was once visiting her ( about 13 years old) and started my period. My Brothers and male cousins were all in the house, and I was embarrassed to go into the kitchen and tell Grandma that I started bleeding and needed pads. I frantically started searching in the small closet she had in her bathroom for pads and or tampons. I found them way in the back and was SO SO excited. For the next several years I went back to that stock pile whenever I started bleeding at my Grandmas house. I found out years later that my female cousins also raided her tampon and pad closet throughout the years. As adults we sometimes still laugh about how upset we were when the supplies were all used up and we no longer had them. My Grandma (years later ) was delighted to find out all 4 of us girls treasured her supplies so much when we were kids. I had my last period 2 weeks ago and I went to the store to buy my own " Grandma stockpile" of supplies for my own Granddaughters future needs. ( They are only 6 years , 2 years, and 4 months old. right now lol) It gave me a sweet feeling remembering how important my Grandma's supplies were to me as an embarrassed little girl, so I celebrated my last period by continuing the tradition. I know this sounds sappy, but sometimes the things we remember from childhood are important. I have suffered from horrible memories of my periods since starting at 13, and this is actually the only good , comforting memory I have of my period days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register