Scheduled dVH/RALH Last period ever! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period ever! Last period ever!

Unread 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Re: Last period ever!

I used. Prescription Motrin or excedrin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM

I called my Dr. for a script when I was on my last period. Give the Dr. a call!!
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM

I had my last period 3 weeks before my surgery and it was a bad one as usual. A lot of clots and heavy bleeding as well as bad cramps and this after a full month of intermitting bleeding. This was the deciding factor for me to put my fear aside and go to the doctor to get this taken care of once and for all. Being 2 weeks post surgery, I feel I have my life back. No more heavy periods, bad cramps, irregular bleeding, wearing a pad 24/7. Don't miss them at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 07:03 PM

So I called the Dr. and ask for something for these killer cramps and he tells me to take 4 iprofin every 8 hours... Omg really..really...i have taking every o.t.c. Meds and they don't work...omg can't wait till these 19 days r up...
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:10 PM

I WONT MISS MY PERIODS ONE LITTLE BIT!!!!!!!
I had my last one the week before my surgery.

I just have a question. I kept both ovaries and my cervix. The doctor told me I may notice a pinkish discharge at ovulation time. Now, I've heard people talk about having mini periods. I was always under the impression that hyst. = no periods!?!?!?
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM

Just started my last period my surgery is the 17th of April. And that's what I thought too.but according to a lot of the post on here I read that I might have period like symptoms and it could be worse....
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:14 PM

hello eastcindy. i had my last cycle a week before my surgery and it was horrific...but now after surgery which is now 3wks post op, i think i had a mimick of my usual past cycles last week, and it wasnt anything at all like my past original cycles, it was only couple days of slight aches and very short slight pains, nothing i couldnt handle, what a relief, to not have all that horrific pain anymore. so just wanted to let you know that were all different and you may not have any symptoms at all of your past cycles, so please try to rest and relax. Peace be with you
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:36 PM

Taking 4 ibuprofen is the same as one 800 mg prescription ibuprofen. he may have been saving you a trip to the pharmacy.
I am 3 weeks post op. Last weekend I had the munchies like crazy and chocolate tasted so wonderful. I think that was my period time. I had everything removed except ovaries and I think mine are working like they did in my way younger days! My body is so having a party right now, feeling so much better!
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:41 PM

From what I understand from reading posts on hystersisters, if you keep cervix you can still have mini periods.Also if you keep ovaries you may still get mid cycle ovulation cramps.
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:28 PM

I can truly and honestly say I will not miss my period....i am so so glad to get rid of my uterus if since it makes me hurt this bad....surgery date can't get here no sooner.... The only thing I am concerned about now is the post op issues..like my mood,my sex drive,my weight, and the pain I'll get each month when I'm suppose to get my period. O and the bowel and bladder. Other than that I ain't to scared of. After do a lot of research and being on here everyday I'm good to go :-)..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register