Scheduled dVH/RALH Last period ever! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period ever! Last period ever!

Unread 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Re: Last period ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcindy27 View Post
Its 11:35am now been up since 5.haven't stopped cramping YET!! TOOK SOME MAX STRENGTH MENSTRUAL RELIEF TWICE BUT THAT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE THE EDGE OFF!!been to the bathroom 6-7 times so far and about our of tampons and dont even feel like going to the store...OMG I WOUNDER IF I CALL MY DOC IF HE WOULD CALL ME SOMETHING IN for THE PAIN?!? HEATING PAD DON'T WORK EITHER!!!god give me the strength to make it.... its gonna be a long day,a long week and a half for that matter. My kids r awake now so much for going back to bed(like i could anyway):'(:'(:-(. 19 MORE DAYS 19 MORE DAYS...
First, start with 2 aleve (generic fine too) the minute you feel it start, and if not gone in 15 minutes, take another one. Repeat until totally gone and I promise you will feel no pain again! I've had them so bad that I'm doubled over in pain, white as a sheet, and wishing for death, so I know your pain! Don't mind what the bottle says, just keep aleve with you every minute of the day so you're always prepared (until you don't have to be any more!) Pass it on to everyone you know. I don't know why doctors don't tell you this. I told my gyn this about 20 years ago, and she looks at me and says "only take what the bottle says." I looked at her like, bite me, b*tch! Clearly she had no idea. Never any bad side effects from my once a month binge, and never had to worry about dying from pain again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Oh, yes, and I'm just ending period #2. Only one more to go!!!! I can't believe it, and of course this one showed up early. Whatever, I should be just ending when I have surgery. Woohoo! I will not be missing this!!!!!
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM

I had my MRI yesterday. Now I am spotting! Probably from when they strapped that pad down over my abdomen really hard, it was awful! I was crying!! Told to lie still for 45 minutes in total pain with my arms above my head, now a day after, I feel like total crap. Where is that truck that ran me over? That's how bad I feel! Well my surgery is a week from today. I am feeling a lot of anxiety, going to ask my doctor for something to help me relax this weekend and up to the night before because I am going to be a mess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Sadly ladies I can say all the pain is worth it! I had my surgery 3/29 and am so happy that I did it! I had total Laprascopic so I am dealing with the pains from the holes still (especially the largest cut) but I am not going to miss the period pains nor the heavy flow, although mentally I keep thinking that I need to buy pads for my upcoming period. Now not buying those is something I am going to happily get used to! Well until my daughter finally starts.... poor thing!
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Last period ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMgal68 View Post
I am on my last one too! My surgery is scheduled for the 18th of April. Couldn't sleep last night, so nervous about being put out, even though I have been several times in the past, it's still scary. Then I am worried about the pain afterwards (I am having abdominal surgery to remove uterus and cervix). I guess I need to focus on the positive - no more periods!
I am having my surgery on the 18th, too. Reading all of these stories about incredible pain, etc., makes me worry.....I am not having these things; I am having
TAH due to fibroids the size of a 20-wk pregnancy. I have some heavy bleeding, but things have been better the last couple of months. I guess I am still dling the right thing.
Good luck to you on 4/18! Like most everyone else, I am most dreading the bowel issues and the beginning of recovery. Thank you all for being here.
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM

I'm scheduled for surgery on 4/19 and will either be having my last period or very close to having it. It's going to be a nail biter and I'm really hoping I have no more. Spoke with with the hospital today and they said no ibuprofen 3 days before surgery. I have painkillers from my doctor, which she said would be fine to take, but I'm not supposed to drive on them!! Between this and the bowl prep, next week could get crazy!
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:38 AM

Just got my last period. It was very late and started slow and thought hmmm am I jumping the gun? Well this morning made me feel like not so much..... Surgery is 5 days away..... Hopefully I won't be a yukky mess, that would be embarrassing.... They don't cancel surgery for a yuk period do they? Feel cramps and nauseas too. But this time I ain't hating it I am feeling justified if that makes sense..... Bring it on haha won't miss it! I feel like I am going to get ready to give birth, even started packing my overnight bag.... My biggest worry on top of my typical surgery worry is that they will abort the lap and cut when they get in there. That scares me big time. Ok done my morning ramble
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM

I had the last visit from "my favorite Aunt" 2 weeks ago. I am extremely happy that i will never have to see her ugly face again.It is so nice to know that im not going to loose sleep anymore worrying about accidents in bed.

I had to buy supply's for my last one so i made sure that i got something that my girls could use. I wasn't sure what to do with my tampons ( my girls don't use them yet) so i ask my 16 year old cousin if she used them and she looked at me like i was on crack. lol I told her that i didn't want to throw away almost a whole box. she reluctantly said she would take them.
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:05 AM

I have a question though, about pads; they say to pack some for the hospital, what strength do we need and how heavy will the post surgery bleeding be? Thanks ladies!
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Last period ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMgal68 View Post
I have a question though, about pads; they say to pack some for the hospital, what strength do we need and how heavy will the post surgery bleeding be? Thanks ladies!
I am wondering that, too! Good question.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register