Any teachers out there? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any teachers out there? Any teachers out there?

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Re: Any teachers out there?

Okay, you've all got to tell me the truth here. I didn't even think anything of it until I got home tonight, and now I"m worried I made a mistake. Ugh!

I went back to school on Monday- the kids knew I'd had surgery and I just said everything was fixed and I was fine, no worries. Well, one little girl was very interested - not in a creepy way - but she has an interest in the way things work. She kept asking to see my stitches, and I said I only have a couple little scars, nothing too interesting. I put her off Monday, Tuesday, and today and she kept bugging me - asking could she just see what they did? So this afternoon, after the umpteenth time, I showed her one of the little incision scars. It was right by my waistband, so just pulled up my shirt a little - no one saw much of anything, and she was duly unimpressed as I knew she would be. Then she and her friends started talking about the scars/owies/etc that they've had, and moved on.
So, I thought nothing of it either, until I got home and thought about them telling their parents that I was showing off my scars! How must that sound at home? It wasn't like I showed the whole class, but it still feels weird now. What should I do, or how should I respond if someone questions me?
Oh, I'm so exhausted too. Monday night I felt good and was surprised I wasn't more tired. Tuesday I was dragging a bit, got dizzy in the morning, but made it through the day fine and rested all evening. Today, I had such a hard time getting up in the morning, and was tired all day. By 3:00 my abdomen ached and I couldn't sit down enough. Now I feel I could go right to bed, and probably should.
Hope you're all doing well!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie1014 View Post
Okay, you've all got to tell me the truth here. I didn't even think anything of it until I got home tonight, and now I"m worried I made a mistake. Ugh!

I went back to school on Monday- the kids knew I'd had surgery and I just said everything was fixed and I was fine, no worries. Well, one little girl was very interested - not in a creepy way - but she has an interest in the way things work. She kept asking to see my stitches, and I said I only have a couple little scars, nothing too interesting. I put her off Monday, Tuesday, and today and she kept bugging me - asking could she just see what they did? So this afternoon, after the umpteenth time, I showed her one of the little incision scars. It was right by my waistband, so just pulled up my shirt a little - no one saw much of anything, and she was duly unimpressed as I knew she would be. Then she and her friends started talking about the scars/owies/etc that they've had, and moved on.
So, I thought nothing of it either, until I got home and thought about them telling their parents that I was showing off my scars! How must that sound at home? It wasn't like I showed the whole class, but it still feels weird now. What should I do, or how should I respond if someone questions me?
As a school administrator, this makes me cringe a little. I always encourage my staff members to remember to maintain professional distance. This is a hard thing to do when you are teaching little ones and I am totally guilty of breaking this rule when kids come to me for a hug. However, that being said, it is probably a non-issue as the little girl was unimpressed and if a parent asks, be honest that the little girl was persistent and inquisitive. I would give the heads up to my principal so that he or she knows what is going on if there is a call. I hate getting calls that I can't head off if I don't know what is going on. Just my two cents worth.
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:52 PM

5 weeks post op today! Can't believe it's already been 5weeks! 2nd week back at work, 1st grade teacher. I feel like I turned a corner Monday. Heavy bleeding finally stopped and not as sore. I've really been forced into going on like normal. Everyone has had to go on with their normal lives, as they should. Teaching, taking care of 3 young kids; 8, 4, and 2. Coaching 8year olds basketball team, shuffling kids to basketball, gymnastics, and tap. Last week, I felt terrible by the end of the week, this week isn't as bad, but am getting increasingly tired with each day. Then have to come home and fix supper, clean house, dishes, laundry. I'm still sore to the touch, and tired at the end of the day and have very few clothes that fit. Started Monday working on losing some of this weight that is bringing me to tears, most of which was put on in the year prior to surgery due to PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. My life's back to normal but my body has trouble keeping up. Doesn't sound like it but my mood is definitely better every day. Hope you all are healing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register