Swelly belly BEFORE surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly BEFORE surgery Swelly belly BEFORE surgery

Unread 03-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Re: Swelly belly BEFORE surgery

I also have the same thing. I was told that my uterus was enlarged, but they never told how big it was. I feel like I am about 6 months pregnant. Terrible pain too! The doctor won't give me anything good for the pain and too much NSAID and then I feel even worse! ny suggestions for the pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM

Mingle, I can't believe your doctor won't give you anything for the pain. Mine offered but I had percocet left from a previous surgery and I use it. Usually Ibuprofen is all I need for all my aches and pains but it doesn't touch this when I start hurting. I have had a good month and probably haven't even taken one Perc a week though. I would try again with asking your physician otherwise the only thing I have found that makes it tolerable is to lie down with knees bent up.
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:01 PM

Mingle, that's awful! I'm in the same boat as Basketdi -- leftover meds from two prior surgeries -- but my doc did at least ask if I needed anything. I know it can be a huge pain in the neck to change docs, but is there anyone else you could see? Pain meds aside, it would be good to have someone with a bit of compassion. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!
Hugs,
atlo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM

im scheduled for April 13th as well im bloated up but i dont know why my uteras is enlarged to about 3 1/2 months pregnant so i figure that must be it :/ how are you feeling about surgery ? Im a bit freaked out so seeing your date made me feel a little better. Another Friday the 13th gal
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM

I was actually BORN on a Fri the 13th (long time ago...), so I do consider it a pretty lucky day! I'm scared, and getting really tired of pretending not to be. I'm sad, too, and am feeling what I know is totally irrational guilt about asking friends and family to help.

I've been having a huge problem with my body image over this swelly belly and have had way too much pain to run for months now, so my body is changing. I keep trying to remember that this is all temporary and that the recovery will not be as long as the pain and frustration I've already been through because of it.

What about you? Feeling "ready" for the big day? (I'm definitely not, btw!)

Hugs,
atlo
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM

Oh it is fun to find someone with the same surgery date. I will know I am not alone as I lay on that freezing hard table before I drift away on my cruise. And I can hum happy birthday to Mingle. I am frightened also but just keep pushing it from my mind and keep preparing. This will definitely be a case where I ask for "pre-med". Body image is really hard right now. I feel like a cow and am just about to give up. Nothing to wear, but then I remind myself I only have to put together 7 more work outfits and then I am done for 6 weeks. And then in 8 weeks I can hopefully return to running, yoga and begin weight lifting to build up some muscle. At my age it won't be easy, but I refuse to give in. We can do this!
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:31 PM

oooops, I mean Atlo, I will sing happy birthday to Atlo
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Ha Ha! I was wondering why you were singing happy bday to me.

I am not scared about my surgery, I just want it all over with. I had a dermoid tumor and one ovary removed about 6 yrs ago, so that takes my fear away. I would trade you guys surgery dates in a heartbeat. I just got done marking the days until surgery on the work calendar. 48 more days!! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I sent a message through the clinics portal to my doctor. He gave me 30 .25 mg of hydrocodone and told me that that was all I was getting until surgery. I guess it is better than nothing, but it surely wont last that long. I still think I am going to find a compassionate women GYN after surgery.

Hugs to Everyone!!
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM

OMG it's not just me. Except mine is accompanied by wonderful bouts of gas. OMG I am so happy to have found this site. You all are answering the questions I was too embarrassed to ask.

So what can be done to get rid of this swelly belly? I have about 80days left
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi Scaredy Cat!! This site is wonderful isn't it. I think I will saty on even after the surgery so I can help others out too. It is nice to see that you aren't alone, especially if you don't have a good doc. My first appointments were with the nurse practioner and she didn't seem to know much. She blew off many of my sysmptoms telling I would have to ask my regular doctor about that. Then come to find out when I finally actuallly got to see my doc he thought it was Adenomyosis. I looked up all the symptoms and some of them were the ones I told her about. It can be really frustrationg. I don't have any options because I can't have hormone shots. I wonder if the Depro shot would help with that? Did anybody else out there know?

Scaredy cat, do you have a good doc? What are your symptoms? Maybe we should start a thread listing our symptoms, so new comers can compare. I know everyobne is different, but I would think it would help some sisters out there. What does everyone think?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register