Swelly belly BEFORE surgery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly BEFORE surgery Swelly belly BEFORE surgery

Unread 04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Re: Swelly belly BEFORE surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
Hi Scaredy Cat!! This site is wonderful isn't it. I think I will saty on even after the surgery so I can help others out too. It is nice to see that you aren't alone, especially if you don't have a good doc. My first appointments were with the nurse practioner and she didn't seem to know much. She blew off many of my sysmptoms telling I would have to ask my regular doctor about that. Then come to find out when I finally actuallly got to see my doc he thought it was Adenomyosis. I looked up all the symptoms and some of them were the ones I told her about. It can be really frustrationg. I don't have any options because I can't have hormone shots. I wonder if the Depro shot would help with that? Did anybody else out there know?

Scaredy cat, do you have a good doc? What are your symptoms? Maybe we should start a thread listing our symptoms, so new comers can compare. I know everyobne is different, but I would think it would help some sisters out there. What does everyone think?
Mingle, I have had my doc for 14+ years. He isn't the most communicative people (he is a man) but I have learned to like his straight forward approach. I will list my symptoms because I have 80+ days until my surgery so I need to find out if they are connected. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM

OK great I thought maybe we could call the thread something like Adenomyosis symptoms. What do you think?
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
OK great I thought maybe we could call the thread something like Adenomyosis symptoms. What do you think?

Right after I look up that word. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:33 AM

"OMG it's not just me. Except mine is accompanied by wonderful bouts of gas. OMG I am so happy to have found this site. You all are answering the questions I was too embarrassed to ask.

So what can be done to get rid of this swelly belly? I have about 80days left
"

Scaredycat04, I don't know how to do the quote thingee as this is my first time blogging. Oh well. I have the gas part also. Some times I think I will just blow away . As far as I can tell there is nothing to be done. My bloating came on suddenly in February and has been with me ever since. No weight gain, but no waist anymore and a protruding belly. Carbonation does make it worse as does overeating, but any eating makes it pop out even more. To make matters worse i am ravenous most of the time. I will be most disappointed if this surgery doesn't help me feel better.
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:25 AM

Sorry Scaredy cat I spaced and thought that you had adnemyosis. I can start the thread. What has your doc told you about your condition?
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:23 AM

I'm so tired of swelly belly. I have had it for several months. I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma in situ and only have a small fibroid. My uterus is a little longer than normal but no significant large size indicated. (Although I did have the ultrasound early in the morning when belly was down). I too start out flat in the morning but by the end of the day I am swollen from my abdomen to right under my bra. Dr's keep saying it is some type of digestive problem. But I know it is not. It does not matter what I eat and it feels like menstrual swelling. I have had two cone biopsies one on 1/24 and one on 3/20. I know this could be part of it now. I still won't know what type of hysterectomy I am having till I meet my Gyn. Onc. on 4/20 for my post-op/result. This whole swelly belly thing is what started this whole journey, (it was noticed I was due to a Pap at that appointment), so I am thankful for that, but it's driving me crazy. I'm hoping that eventually after surgery it will go away and that it's not hormonal!!
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:26 AM

Hi everyone! I currently have a large dermoid cyst (ugh) on my left ovary which has to be removd. Unfortunately I also have a large grapefruit sized cyst on the right ovary and it has a small friend tagging along. Hopefully it can be saved. And to top it all off I have several orange sized fibroids in or on my uterus. Whew!!! that's a mouthful.
Back in Nov/Dec I started noticing that after I ate I would be bloated to the point of breathing hard. This as accompanied with pelvic pains that went down my thigh. I never would have guessed all of these things were growing in my body.
I'm counting my days, but still not sure how to feel. It's hard talking to loved ones so I'm glad I found my HysterSisters!!!
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:55 PM

I'm a swelly belly too....and when i'm pms'ing its twice as bad.. but i'm less than 2 weeks to surgery, so i can't take ibuprophen which is the only thing that helps anything with me... but dr did put me on lysteda to help with the heavy bleeding till i get sugery.... i'm one who also feels pretty good in the morning,but by evening i feel so bloated and my clothes feel so tight, i'm outta clothes as soon as i get home
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:25 PM

My abdomen gets soooo huge these days (even while granting that it's not tiny to begin with). There are days when it's all I can do to drag through work so that I can get home, put on big flannel jammies, and head for the sofa to rest. I feel like I'm smuggling a bowling ball sometimes, with so much downward pressure like everything is going to fall out. I'm wearing an awful lot of big shirts and stretchy pants during the day--and all this is after having lost (and kept off) 45 lbs two years ago!

My date is May 22 (had to wait until DH gets a big project finished). This is gonna be a looooong 44 days. Also have to deal with general pelvic pain, low-grade crampyness, and the feeling that someone's dragging their nails down the insides of my uterus. (And then killer cramps before and during TOM itself.)

I really wonder what they're going to find when they get in there. Especially when so many people tell stories of the reality being far different from what sonograms had indicated.
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM

I'm sorry so many of us are having to go through this swelly belly. I am especially sorry to hear how many of you are experiencing pain and bleeding as well, alone it is bad enough. Mine has been gong on since November 2011. I have started wearing maternity stretch pants and have had to go up two sizes in underwear(granny underwear). I felt miserable having to do this, but I am a lot more comfortable. It's really ironic that we look pregnant, and some of us will be having surgery that will no longer allow us to be pregnant. I wish everyone the best and hope that surgery brings some relief. Happy Easter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register