Extreme fatigue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extreme fatigue Extreme fatigue

Unread 03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Extreme fatigue

Hi all! I'm 6 weeks out from my surgery and I'm doing okay I guess in most areas. The one that's giving me the WORST problems is EXTREME FATIGUE. I come home from work every day and I am too tired to even relax. I'm so tired it's actually painful. My boss is piling more and more work on me. I have to PUSH very hard just to make it through the day. Last night I was so frustrated because I can't take anymore time off, I cried. Does anyone have any supplement suggestions or any kind of helpful hints to make this better? I've heard many say it takes a year to get back to normal. I think I might drop dead of exhaustion by then. lol.

Please advise. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Re: Extreme fatigue

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I am 4 weeks post-op and up until this week I could hardly pull myself out of bed and getting upstairs to go to bed was just as big an ordeal. I cannot imagine working full-time right now.

I don't know what your situation was before your surgery. My blood count was 1/2 of what is normal before my surgery requiring me to have a blood transfusion prior to and during my surgery. At 2 weeks, my blood count was still very abnormal and my doc said that is why I was so exhausted. He has placed me on a very strong iron supplement right after my surgery to naturally build up my blood supply. Have you asked your doctor to check your blood count to see if you are possibly anemic. My doctor prescribed Integra-F which I believe is finally starting to work. Hope you start to feeling better soon.
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM

it took around 3-4 weeks back @ work for me not to have extreme fatigue.this totally sucks and i feel sorry for you.i even took a multi vitamin everyday and it still didnt help.it took me around 2 hours to get ready for work.i didnt feel normal until around the 3rd month mark.good luck w/ you.i dont think it really takes a whole year more like 3 months but everybody's different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 05:09 AM

Well I'm glad it won't be a whole year. My surgery was 2/15 and I was back to work on 2/27. So I've been back for awhile. Some weeks were better than others. It's been the past 2 that have been really painfully draining. I mean it's exhaustion that actually hurts. I wonder why we are so tired? I'm usually okay in the morning but by the time I come home for lunch I'm totally spent. So going back to work is rough. The entire afternoon I'm so tired. I push hard past it. I don't know where I get the push to push past it because I've just never been this tired in my life. And I have sleep apnea so I KNOW tired.
Unread 03-30-2012, 06:21 AM

and then this past month,i have been waking up 2-3 times a night.sometimes i can go back to sleep other times i cant.i have never had this problem before.my primary care dr.put me on cymbalta but this does not help at all.he gave this for my nerves so he said this would help me sleep but it doesnt at all.
but i found out working in the public MOST ppl. think you are 100% better @6 weeks. OH and also ALL HYSTERECTOMIES are done thru belly button.its amazing how ppl think these things but they do.
i still find myself being late for work but my boss doesnt care so i am lucky in this fact.
swelly belly is no longer w/ me but i do stay more tired and i can see why some women gain weight after hyster. cause of this exhaustion.i have had to push myself.but i havent lost any weight but i havent gained none either
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:34 AM

hello ladies. i hope you dont mind me stepping in on your conversation, but ime going through same fatigue right now. ime 3wks post op and i cant even imagine being at work right now as my body just doesnt have that get up and go. ime also very depressed right now and its like a feeling of darkness, there is no traumas in my life as all is well with everyone, its just that ime so body lifeless right now...seems like i dont have any joy. i had lavh leaving ovaries, so from what ive read i shouldnt be depressed and empty feeling cuz my ovaries are still with me.. and yes i wake up very early like 4-5 am, and get up and start my day. today when i woke up i was very nauseaus, and slight head pressure, also having hard time bms, so still taking softners..
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Extreme fatigue

Ladies ~ I feel all your pains too. I am 4.5 weeks post op. I have full 8 weeks off and I'm dreading the day I have to go back. Since surgery I find myself sleeping most of the daytime away. Once my daughter is off to school I sleep then until about 1:30 in the afternoon. I too have sleep apnea. Just found out earlier this year. I have not been using my machine because I still can't get used to it. I'm sure that contributes to my exhaustion! But I also have a low vitamin d level. I started taking 3000 units per day. Maybe ask your dr if he can test your levels. After about 3 weeks taking the vit d I felt worlds better. My problem is I hate taking pills so I'm not consistent. I started again this week, we'll see how it goes. I also started to take vitamin b12. I'm hoping this all kicks In before April 24! I drive over an hour to get to work. I know I am fortunate to have 4 weeks left but I'm really worried about how tired I will still be. Good luck to you all. I'll be praying for u.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:17 AM

i too start bk to work on april 24 which yes concerns me as well, as yep i too have to drive for an hour to get to work, and then after work have to drive that hour bk home, so yes ime concerned bout that, dont know why ime stressing myself out as i still have few weeks before going bk to work. my other concern is i havent seen my gynocologist since surgery and she is now on vacation and i wont see her now until may 9th after ive gone back to work, so yes i pray too that by the time i go bk to work i will be doing better.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Extreme fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Peace View Post
i too start bk to work on april 24 which yes concerns me as well, as yep i too have to drive for an hour to get to work, and then after work have to drive that hour bk home, so yes ime concerned bout that, dont know why ime stressing myself out as i still have few weeks before going bk to work. my other concern is i havent seen my gynocologist since surgery and she is now on vacation and i wont see her now until may 9th after ive gone back to work, so yes i pray too that by the time i go bk to work i will be doing better.
Yikes... I'm sorry. I see my doc next week. Ill let you all know if he gives any helpful advice.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Peace View Post
One of my favorite verses there. Prov 3: 5-6
I think you'll probably do okay going back then. I went back to early and I think that's partly why I'm hurting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register