Scheduled TVH I need my hystersisters right now!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need my hystersisters right now!!!! I need my hystersisters right now!!!!

Unread 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
I need my hystersisters right now!!!!

I started my cycle last wednesday and it was black in the beginning and then became red the next day and I have literally been sick since that day. I am bloated and swollen and looks like I am at least 7 months pregnant. I have been on the pill for almost a year and a half and would you know now it today is day 8 for me still being on my cycle. I don't get it at all!!!! I haven't been on this long in years. I don't if my body knows this is my last period and its kicking my butt for the last time or what but this is crazy, depressing, and very hurtful right now. Does anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden being that I am on the pill? Also it was black earlier this morning and now its bright red again and the cramping is starting to come back now. I had to leave work early yesterday because i was in so much pain and me sitting at my desk for 8 hours makes the pain worse!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Re: I need my hystersisters right now!!!!

I would give the doctor a call if I were you.
Sorry you are experiencing this right towards the end. My periods the last 2 years have been so heavy at times the clots looked like a very dark red/black color.
Hugs to you and call the doc.
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM

Yes, call the doctor. Eight-day cycle, bleeding red at the end, bloated, feeling sick. When things are out of the ordinary, you need a professional opinion. He can get you on the right path. Take care of it early, so it doesn't affect your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM

My periods started that way for months! It would make me weak and tired.
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM

I agree with the sisters, If its really different , give the dr a call, thats what theyre there for,
I think our bodies do know something, I had my worse pains the week before my op,
I had my TVH on the 7th of this month, and Ive felt like a new women since, Its really like I have my life back, wishing you all the best,
Let us know how you get on
Takecare
Tina
Unread 03-29-2012, 08:04 PM

I had periods with thick black almost like tar bleeding for almost a year and when it was red it was huge clots. I had severe cramps every day they felt almost like contractions. That is what I went to the gyno for and he suspected adenomyosis. I was scheduled for TVH march 26th. I am now 4 days post op and already feeling like a new woman. I was so tired of being sick and tired it has actually made the recovery process easier. Just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and they aren't all horror stories. I already feel like it is the best thing I ever did. Waiting for the surgery really is the worst part.
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by want to talk View Post
I had periods with thick black almost like tar bleeding for almost a year and when it was red it was huge clots. I had severe cramps every day they felt almost like contractions. That is what I went to the gyno for and he suspected adenomyosis. I was scheduled for TVH march 26th. I am now 4 days post op and already feeling like a new woman. I was so tired of being sick and tired it has actually made the recovery process easier. Just know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and they aren't all horror stories. I already feel like it is the best thing I ever did. Waiting for the surgery really is the worst part.
I know what you mean by new women, I hav my TVH on the 7th, felt and feel great now, after the first week I was feeling so great, no pain feeling on top of the world, I over did things and pulled a stitch, felt like crap . ,
I guess what I want to say is, and I know everyone else says it too... please try not too over do it, I'm now in my 3rd week and feeling great again, but Im gonna make sure not too over do it again
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM

hi there, i just want to say that i too had a horrific last cycle just before my surgery, i was bent over in pain..my cycles always started with black stuff and then went red, this had been going on for years. now that ime 3wks post op, its very weird cuz i keep expecting to have a cycle anytime, and my body actually mimicks cycle symptoms and i think here we go,,but no blood comes, only the pain and aches associated with previous cycle symptoms. i really thought tho that i was going to have a cycle but didnt, and thats such a weird feeling not getting the whole flow cycle but still getting the pain symptoms. so just wanted to say that i always got black stuff just before the actual heavy flow started. have no idea why, just know it was there.
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM

I feel bizarre hearing the stories - I am the opposite - my last period (last week) was the lightest in years - it is as if my body is saying "Don't do it" I am scheduled for a TVH April 10th. I am still going through as I went through years of horrible period - the worse being I bled for two entire months heavy, clots, cramps etc. I can't wait for this to be over!

Good luck to you!
Unread 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM

With my doctors advice, I tried the pill before deciding on a hysterectomy to see if it would be effective. On the pill I bled for about 8 days and sometimes would start bleeding 3 days before my period was due while still on the active pills. What I really did not enjoy about the pill is that the period would start like a flood without warning and continue like that for days. Before the hysterectomy on 4/12/11, I was off the pill for a few months. During that time, I remember sitting on the loo with the blood pouring out like I was weeing blood, the blood would be very dark, almost black. Oh gosh I get goose bumps just thinking of it.
The best is to phone your doctor though to put your mind at ease.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register