I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Re: I am a mess

BREATHE NotBrave, BREATHE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 12:46 AM

: ) Yes I do want to keep breathing. My ear and neck feel better with the muscle relaxers. Thank you for encouraging me !
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:46 AM

Aw. I feel sorry for you. Youll have bad days I'm sure. Its okay to cry. We know how you feel. Had a bad evening yesterday myself.Thinking about you. Big hugs !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 10:56 AM

I just don't understand why this all has such a hold on my emotional well being. I just feel hopeless sometimes. I feel like this is the beginning of a slide towards old age and limitations and then dying. I KNOW this is stupid and I WANT to enjoy each day with hope and thanksgiving but I am struggling with these feeling.

It all seems so self centered and a terrible testimony to my faith in God and eternal life.
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:03 PM

o. honey its not. God is the stregnth in our lives. He says bring all your burdens and I will give you rest. Your testimony. Is that while going through the storm you still belive. I have my biopsi on my throat mon. Yes im scarred. Who wouldnt be. we are human and we desire to be well. Take a deep breath and know that we are all praying for you. Lol
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Not brave------I rolled onto my side and used my arms to push me up to get out of bed. At home I had my husband help me get out of bed some of the time the first few days. I took my iPod to the hospital and into surgery. The doctor let me have it on during surgery and I woke up with it on in recovery. My internist had recommended a surgery MP3 which included music for the OR and I added my own music to the mix. I used the guided imagery and affirmations before and after surgery and it helped. My insurer (Blue Shield) sent me a CD with the everything but the surgery music on it to use too---so they must think it works

My surgery was late in the day (2pm) so they did not get me up till the next morning and kept the catheter in till then. Usually they get people up the same day.

During the night I had to keep calling for the nurse as the alarms on both my IV and blood oxygen monitors kept going off.

Not brave---I don't have much time so will not be replying to the thread much. if you need to, try sending me a private message. But I was amazed at how fast I recovered. I am just about back to normal at 7 weeks----the only issues are a little bit of lingering fatigue and getting back my full fitness and abdominal muscles----and I am working on that with regular workouts. My surgeon let me use an elliptical gently and week 3 and start cycling at week 4 which helped. The lack of abdominals from the incision did cause me back issues so I asked to go to PT even though they couldn't do anything with my abs till week 6.
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:59 PM

o. honey its not. God is the stregnth in our lives. He says bring all your burdens and I will give you rest. Your testimony. Is that while going through the storm you still belive. I have my biopsi on my throat mon. Yes im scarred. Who wouldnt be. we are human and we desire to be well. Take a deep breath and know that we are all praying for you. Lol
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1 View Post
Not brave------I rolled onto my side and used my arms to push me up to get out of bed. At home I had my husband help me get out of bed some of the time the first few days. I took my iPod to the hospital and into surgery. The doctor let me have it on during surgery and I woke up with it on in recovery. My internist had recommended a surgery MP3 which included music for the OR and I added my own music to the mix. I used the guided imagery and affirmations before and after surgery and it helped. My insurer (Blue Shield) sent me a CD with the everything but the surgery music on it to use too---so they must think it works

My surgery was late in the day (2pm) so they did not get me up till the next morning and kept the catheter in till then. Usually they get people up the same day.

During the night I had to keep calling for the nurse as the alarms on both my IV and blood oxygen monitors kept going off.

Not brave---I don't have much time so will not be replying to the thread much. if you need to, try sending me a private message. But I was amazed at how fast I recovered. I am just about back to normal at 7 weeks----the only issues are a little bit of lingering fatigue and getting back my full fitness and abdominal muscles----and I am working on that with regular workouts. My surgeon let me use an elliptical gently and week 3 and start cycling at week 4 which helped. The lack of abdominals from the incision did cause me back issues so I asked to go to PT even though they couldn't do anything with my abs till week 6.
I am so glad you are doing so well ! It is encouraging. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. This site and all the kind ladies has helped me so much.

Keep healing and I am thankful for your returning good health. God bless.
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnie123 View Post
I will be looking for your post and I will be praying!! You are the Lords and he has you tight in His arms and everything under control. God Bless!
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:20 PM

NotBrave, you are awesome! Even tho you are struggling yourself, you still encourage others. I think you are very brave. I think about you often and I hope you can rest and enjoy your life and family as you await your surgery. God will be with you and I know you have a long life left to live.

vonnie, I will be thinking about you on Monday and praying or a good outcome with your biopsy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register