I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Re: I am a mess

Thank you everyone! I am going to just try to be at peace and believe all your words of wisdom! I am off to work now. God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM

NotBrave...i have been reading the posts and just wanted to say how BRAVE i think you are for talking about everything you are feeling, some people can't express themselves in the way you have, so in my opinion not that it mattesr but just wanted you to know that you are brave for expressing yourself...i had my surgery on April 18th so i am a little over 3 weeks post op and i was feeling very similar to what you have been feeling, i was driving my husband crazy with all my research he would say your making yourself crazy with all this and i had to tell him i had to know everything good and bad so i was prepared...i even went as far to write letters to my son, daughter, husband, mother and father and brother just as a what if things didn't come out as planned i needed them to know personal thoughts and feeling i had for each of them i didn't tell anyone until the night before i went in I finally told my husband about the letters, i think he was sad i to know i was in a place that i felt i had to write those letters, but for me it made me feel better that i did write them, was kinda theraputic just to be able to write down my feelings and express myself....and was so wonderful to come home on April 19th and erase them all, the point of all this is to let you know you are not being a baby...express yourself and ask questions, cry when you need to cry and be yourself cause its the not knowing whats gonna happen afterwards thats scary..but as alot of woman have told you on here you will be ok it is very scary but this site is so wonderful and helpful, i only found it 3 days post op..i wish i found it before so i could have put myself more at ease with the decision to go ahead, in my case i went for 11 years of testing and more testing to find out just what the hell was wrong and in the end i found out that i had severe endo and a couple other things but to the point where most of the drs i saw said having my children was a miracle, so having this surgery and knowing that not having the constant pain i have had for years will be worth it in the end, i am waiting on my all of my biopsy reports to really put my mind at ease, but i just wanted to express all this to you as a thank you for other woman who are thinking and don't have the courage to say how scared they are, they can come on here and read your posts and the replies and feel so much better about their own thoughts. Seems like i'm writing a book lol i'm sorry to keep going on but just wanted you to know your very inspiring! My thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery....and hugs to everyone for healthy healing!!
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM

NotBrave, I agree with Deefromfla - you are putting into words what everyone wishes they had the courage to say. I found this site in the wee hours of the morning on the day I found out that there was a possibility of cancer and I needed surgery. I was terrified!!! I got on the internet which in itself is scary, but then I found this site. It was and has been a life saver for me. Keep posting. We are all awaiting your day and will be with you all along the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Well I must admit I was very surprised to be thanked for spilling out my every fear and anxiety! If it helps others I am very thankful. I just thought I was very needy and kinda selfish. I really am grateful if something good comes out of my posts.

I KNOW good things continue to come to me! You all have been wonderful and have helped me more times than I can count!

I was so happy when my last EKG came back normal! Now I am just waiting and trying to stay calm and enjoy each beautiful sunny day. I try to picture being home again and recovering, feeling better every day and getting back to a normal life where my days are not filled with anxiety.

I hope and pray you all are doing well today physically and emotionally.

God Bless.
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Every singles monday I think I will schedule the surgery friday. Every friday I think maybe monday. Every week goes like this. I have a monday friday thing going. I am having trouble with this and I think it is because the doctor is saying she recommends surgery but I can wait for Menopause if I want. We need a calling tree here. I would love to talk to someone on the phone and maybe I could move on with this. The fibroids are not getting any smaller. I think waiting might be a bad idea.
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Back to you. I made the last one about me. Sorry. It is scary. I think getting some relaxing music, pampering yourself, giving yourself positive messages will all help. (((Hugs))) from a pre hyster sister that can relate very well to how you feel.
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Lovelyladybumps. The only advice from personal experience would be to have kept my ovaries. I dont miss the horid pain every week. The bleeding. But I did have huge issues with hormones. But that was me. I did find out that I had cysts everywhere. So I think are minds are so powerful that I feared the hrt. If its a medical reason to remove it then I would do it. If you can keep your ovaries that would be the advice I would. As nothing replaces them. The surgery in its self was nothing. The body is amazing at healing. I know its scarry all surgery is. But I would have a long talk with your doct about the pros and cons and decide from there. There are other options and I wish I had done this. There are days I would gladly take the pain over menapause
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyladylumps View Post
Every singles monday I think I will schedule the surgery friday. Every friday I think maybe monday. Every week goes like this. I have a monday friday thing going. I am having trouble with this and I think it is because the doctor is saying she recommends surgery but I can wait for Menopause if I want. We need a calling tree here. I would love to talk to someone on the phone and maybe I could move on with this. The fibroids are not getting any smaller. I think waiting might be a bad idea.
It is hard to know what is the best thing to do. Are you in a lot of pain? I think I would get another opinion before deciding anything.
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Lovelyladylumps are you near menopause or is it a ways off yet?
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:38 PM

i am 55 and am scheduled for surgery in june for prolapsed uterus.i will need mesh and hysterectomy.I am scared too of the same things you said.I am trying to get healthy by walking and working on my core.That gives me a feeling of control.I am teaching myself breathing deep and i will needs meds to calm me down,i'm sure.I have great dr.s and i also know many people have gone through this and came out ok.Believe me i am trying to rest and be good to me now and prepare as much as i can in my mind and body.And if God wants me on this planet after, i will be here....i am scared to....my heart is with you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register