I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Re: I am a mess

NotBrave -

Your pre-op visit will probably be blood work, an EKG (they do that to most ladies so don't worry about that), BP, discussions with the check-in nurse, and the hospital particulars. All of these are very important and there to protect you - the patient. You will do fine. Just think of all of these tests as a freebie checkup.

For my pre-op, I actually had to verbalize what surgery I was going to have. The nurse said that even though we had been talking about it the whole visit, she actually had to hear me say the exact words "I am having a hysterectomy". Don't know why but I heard other women say the same thing happened to them.

You will do fine. Just keep thinking of this amazing group of women on this site backing you all the way...

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2012, 06:41 AM

NotBrave - I hope you are doing well today. Your pre-op visit tomorrow will be easy. At mine, they were so nice at the hospital that they put my mind at ease. As marestail said, they will most likely do an EKG - almost everyone gets that. Also they did ask me what type of surgery I was having. They want to make sure they are on the same page as your doctor and you. They are vary caring professionals who have dedicated their lives to helping others. Talk to them about your fears.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Unread 05-24-2012, 09:32 AM

I did have an EKG and blood work on May 10th. Do you think they are going to do another EKG and bloodwork?

I feel pretty anxious this morning. I just have to keep talking to myself and not let the anxiety rule.

I also want to try to enjoy this Memorial Day week-end.

In one week they will be wheeling me in. Shivers.

Thank you my friends for the encouragement. I don't know what I would have done without you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2012, 09:38 PM

If they already did a EKG, they probably won't do another. Same with the blood work. You may be just going over your surgery. You may also be doing the hospital particulars - paperwork, etc. - that you have to do. That way you don't worry about it the day of your surgery. If your hospital is like mine, on the day of the surgery I was to bring nothing of value - no purse, no ID, no jewelry, etc. I just had my overnight bag and cell phone....

You are almost to your surgery date.... in there. You are doing great. I know this is so difficult, but we will get you through this.

(((Hugs)))
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:23 PM

NotBrave, I rec'd my call this morning and am scheduled for Tuesday, I had to go do my pre op today, they went over all paperwork, did bp, weight and drew blood for type screen in case of any blood transfusions needed. The nurse actually relaxed my nerves and made me feel so my better. I can tell u I am not looking forward to the bowel prep, I was not ready for the fasting to start a whole day ahead of time. Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you.
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM

help !!!!!!!
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM

Awe its ok, take deep breaths, we r almost there sister. Maybe u might want to ask ur dr. For some meds to calm ur anxiety, I did and she completely agreed it was needed. Stay strong, u have all of us thinking of u.
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:50 AM

Not Brave...we can do this! I just posted too. Although I have been pretty chill...I am having one of those overwhelming days. We just need to take deep breaths and refocus... I am thinking if I don't calm down soon I am going to be visiting Starbucks for a Frappucino for a mini vacation to chill! Hugs lady.....we just have to get through the weekend!
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:08 AM

Kmb .....same date. Should get my Pre op call today.
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:08 PM

Oh hallelujah!! Have I got great news for you "Not Brave"! I am on my 4th day post -op. My surgery was Tues at about 8am. And I cant believe I worried at all!! I woke up as they were moving me to my bed and I have to tell ya- that wasn't a fun way to wake up-- but honestly everything else has been awesome. I came home yesterday and today I feel so good that I am having to really watch not to overdo it. They got right on my pain medication and stayed on it- so pain hasn't been bad at all. Just discomfort from time to time. Honestly the waiting is the worst part and you are almost past it. You are going to breeze through and look down e road a few days later saying --"wow, that was nothing!". I have you on my prayer list-- you are going to do great!! Love n Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register