I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-25-2012, 05:13 PM
I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskill1973 View Post
Kmb .....same date. Should get my Pre op call today.
Good luck with everything, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Re: I am a mess

Not brave I have good news the biopsi came back clean. Yeah. I know what your feeling. That waiting and waiting. It will go well and you have all od us praying. Will be there for you ans after when you recover. Please post the exact date so I can be praying all day. Love ya
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Ok I can join this train now that it hit me hard today. Forget bowel prep...stress is taking care of that! Lol

Hit me hard after my Pre op call. Wow. Long time til Tuesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2012, 07:20 PM

please please please -- more of these stories they help SO much when you are sitting here in a panic, thinking about the "walk" or the IVs or the thought of just what they are going to do to you.... eeek! Beyond panic sets in. For me, the details of what you do remember pre and what you felt like right post is the best things for me to read. I'm a visual / analytical person so the nightmares I can create are (I'm sure) way worse than reading some logical true stories to help me create NEW images of a positive nature.
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM

Bowl prep well I didnt have that. I had davinci but I guess every surgery is different. I did have a colonoscopy and well I can say I felt light and good the next day. Like every piece of junk I ate was gone. I can after surgery I had problems pooping but it all cane back stay on stool softners after surgery the pain meds and not stressing the stomach really help. Wet heat. And just chilling. Ok thats what my son calls relaxing. Ha ha. Ladies dont stress. I know easier said then done. The surgery was no problem for me I said good by to mt uterous. And good by to the pain
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:51 PM

Vonnie is right. Things like the IV- I worried about that and ended up having no trouble with it. Not even sore where my IV went in, it's amazing. I do have a question for my post op friends though--I had surgery tues and haven't pooped yet- but didnt really eat anything till yesterday( thurs) and am passing gas well. I've taken quite a few stool softeners. it's Friday now- should I be worried yet? That's the only thing I haven't got a handle on. I'm not hurting or cramping though.
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:49 PM

Bowel prep......I m not looking forward to that, I have to start Monday morning, Happy Memorial Day to me, drinking clear liquids, then @ 5 pm to 6 pm I take 5 pills every 15 mins. Then from 8 to 845 take another 12, then I guess the fun begins, I m guessing there will be no chance of any type of sleep unless I bring the pillow into the bathroom with me. Pillow and baby wipes that is. Ugg!!!!!!! Not looking forward to that. Any suggestions from our fellow sisters who have been here already?
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:09 AM

My bowel prep started at 7pm this last Monday and I was lucky enough to not start running from my end until 11pm that night but once it started I went until around 2am. Good news tho- eventually you'll run out of poop! Lol! You may not feel like sleeping anyways. I didn't sleep not one wink! I went into surgery tues morn without having slept for almost 24 hrs because I was so keyed up- but oddly I think it helped me, as I was really easy to sedate for surgery. And I slept pretty much all day after my surgery, so not sleeping really didn't matter. I organized my house etc Monday night while everyone else slept. I really have felt great today tho- almost 4 days now since my surgery, and I can truly say that most of my worries were completely unnecessary. I am amazed at how quickly Im healing. You will be te same way too. That first day is rough, but after that it's all downhill except getting your poop going again. I'll be glad when I get this first BM over with!!
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Its normal it took two weeks. One your not eating as much. The meds. And surgery. Kinda a shocker. Stay on stool softners and water. Prunes are all good. For me I ate some sugar free candy and well lets say everything came out. It will work again. Not active everything slows down. And if all else fails try some sugar free candy haha good luck ladies
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trhinds View Post
Oh hallelujah!! Have I got great news for you "Not Brave"! I am on my 4th day post -op. My surgery was Tues at about 8am. And I cant believe I worried at all!! I woke up as they were moving me to my bed and I have to tell ya- that wasn't a fun way to wake up-- but honestly everything else has been awesome. I came home yesterday and today I feel so good that I am having to really watch not to overdo it. They got right on my pain medication and stayed on it- so pain hasn't been bad at all. Just discomfort from time to time. Honestly the waiting is the worst part and you are almost past it. You are going to breeze through and look down e road a few days later saying --"wow, that was nothing!". I have you on my prayer list-- you are going to do great!! Love n Hugs!
LOL! You do sound upbeat alright. I sure hope I do as well as you have! Thank you so much for keeping me on your prayer list. That means a lot to me. Please take good care of yoursel and remember not to overdo and give yourself a set back.

I am very happy for you. I hope to write 4 -5 days after surgery about a similar experience. Love.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register