I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Re: I am a mess

Well the pre-op hospital visit went well. It made me feel better or at least as "better" as one can feel before going under the knife!

I did feel I will be very well taken care of. And guess what? They don't do bowel preps! They believe research has proven they dehydrate and the value of them is not enough to warrent doing them in many cases. So that is nice.

I did have more blood work and a urine sample. My BP was great and so were other stats, So I am good on paper anyway.

This is a very nice hospital with a good reputation. It is mostly a women's hospital. It is mostly for having babies and then surgeries for other woman issues like mine.

So I guess it is just a matter of getting thru it now. Please be praying for me. I so want to stay calm and keep my BP normal and not put my body thru anymore stress from anxiety.

I want to say HELP! but I will just say ..... please in a small scared voice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2012, 11:41 AM

Thank you Vonnie for the advice! Wow- 2 weeks! I bet I let loose by the end of today though-- I'm having my daughter get me some sugar free chocolate mints. I like those anyways and would rather poop those out lol!!. I switched to naproxen (Motrin) today because I truly don't need the Percocet anymore and the naproxen won't plug me up- plus it's great for reducing my inside swelling. I'm right mid day of day 4 post op and I feel so good its scary ! I feel guilty because I'm getting waited on hand and foot and really feel well enough to help myself - but I know from reading this blog that I need to continue to REST so I'm taking that advice. For those of you staring at surgery early next week-- be encouraged. This really solves lots of interior body problems. We've all been so sick for so long that we just don't realize what well feels like. I think that's why my body is healing so well. I finally got all the poison parts out and now my body is saying "thank you" by healing at warp speed. Look forward to your surgery with positive thoughts! Don't dread- because your body is going to love you when it's over!!
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:44 AM

NotBrave , so happy to hear all went well, stay calm, keep urself busy, I kno I have made a list of "chores" for myself to keep busy. I am soo soo jealous u do not have to do the bowel prep, I had adhesions from my uterus that attaches to my bowel so the doctor said it was nesessary, I am looking at the positive and thinking hey maybe I will be 5 or 6 lbs. Lighter after all is said and done. Haha. Stay focused and we can do this. Love to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Yeah. Yes you will loose weight my uterous was a woping 9lbs. Lost10& then another5i will tell you the best part is not looking like I was pregnant everyday from the constent bloating. And I love sugar free candy cant eat much chocolate as it tends to bring on hot flashes. Hopefully most of you are keeping your ovaries. If not. And have to go on hrt. One piece of advice I can give if you experience any wierdness its just menapause. Errrrrr. I think I became a scientist after figuring that one out. I do believe you ladies who have gone through it will have no issues. Wish someone would of told me what a hot flash was. Now I believe that the body can combust on its on.
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:09 PM

NotBrave , so happy to hear all went well, stay calm, keep urself busy, I kno I have made a list of "chores" for myself to keep busy. I am soo soo jealous u do not have to do the bowel prep, I had adhesions from my uterus that attaches to my bowel so the doctor said it was nesessary, I am looking at the positive and thinking hey maybe I will be 5 or 6 lbs. Lighter after all is said and done. Haha. Stay focused and we can do this. Love to all.
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:31 PM

I thought my profile said my surgery is this coming Thursday the 31st of May but sometimes someone asks me for the date. So this is it.

I am trying to stay busy, especially in the morning when I am most vulnerable to anxiety.

I don't want to do this ladies. I wonder if patients ever turn tail and run?

HELP !
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:50 PM

I will be praying for you now, on Thursday and as you recover. You will do just great! God will give you calm and assurance as you go into the OR. Better STILL, HE will be going in there WITH YOU!!
Best Wishes and HUGS,
Over the Moon
Unread 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM

Just wanted to share that I had surgery on 5/22 and it went very well. The hardest was no coffee before surgery lol. I was amazed at how well I felt in recovery! I am only taking advil now. Some pain/soreness but really very minor. i am tired and sleeping alot. I got to watch tv while my mom cleaned my bathroom and my friend made me cookies. Felt a bit guilty but it is nice to be pampered. Have faith that all will go well.
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM

My recovery update- today is day 5 post op and I feel even better than yesterday. I'm flat out amazed!!
I learned a valuable lesson, however, yesterday. I was in a "hurry" to get my bowels going-- so I had been taking the stool softeners to counteract the percoset, then took a few senna tabs to help get things moving--then ate some sugar free chocolate, and some watermelon. About that time I had a friend tell me that 4 days post op wasn't necessarily time to get bowels going- that hers didn't work till 2 weeks later. Oops! Too late! The senna tabs had already started making my bowels cramp bad! I cramped for an hour and finally decided what was causing the cramping had to come out, so I used a suppository--which ended with 3 hours of nonstop diahhrea, crying on the toilet for it to stop. I can laugh now, but long story short-- do not get in a hurry for your bowel activity to return. No one told me that it might be a week or so (except Vonnie tried to tell me lol) and I thought if I hadn't pooped in 4 days that I was in dangera--thus causing myself an awful experience. Not to mention that your bowels are still sore, so food gurgling through them is the worst pain ever. Far worse than the surgery itself, in my opinion. The good news is, I had a great soft normal bm this morning with no trouble, so I guess my bowels are back to full operation, as they were forced to do so. So for my Girls that are still pre-op-- my advice to you is let your body take its time on EVERY step. Don't try to Woman-handle things!!
As a side note I weighed this morning and I am exactly 11 lbs lighter than my pre-op Monday weight, so my uterus and ovaries mustve been massive! Lol- my husband attributed the weight loss to the horrendous poop I took last night!! Bahaha!! Too funny!!
Day 5 is awesome. I've been on my back porch enjoying the sun and blogging all day. I'll be glad when you pre-op ladies are 5 days post op too!! Love and hugs!!
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM

Sorry but im laughing. Yes I did the same. Way to much to soon. It didnt dawn on me gey kid you havent eaten anything to poop. And good lord what goes through our minds. Did you keep your ovaries. Or on hrt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register