I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 05-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnie123 View Post
Sorry but im laughing. Yes I did the same. Way to much to soon. It didnt dawn on me gey kid you havent eaten anything to poop. And good lord what goes through our minds. Did you keep your ovaries. Or on hrt.
I let them take my nasty ovaries lol! They were swollen twice the norlmal size and covered w cysts. Good riddance and no more surgery later hopefully
They put a week long hrt patch on me right after surgery and I have had no menopausal signs, no flashes, and ive been in a great mood so it must be working. Dr Roth will give me a prescription when I go to my 1 week checkup if I like this patch, and I must say, it's been good to me so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Re: I am a mess

Not Brave,

Sweetie it will be fine, no matter the age,symptoms,severity, we are all here for each other. There is no question that one of our sisters won't try to answer. I am 48 and worked myself up into hysterics. I put on the brave face ,and when they rolled me down the hall to operate I had an award winning old fashioned hissy fit! CRIED LIKE A DRAMA QUEEN.
And guess what ? I am on day 10 and feeling alright. Easy does it.
NOW ..the bad part was I received no OSCAR for my performance in the hallway. LOL. Take care, we are here for you. Promise
Unread 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM

Thats what I use too plus gel you ladies take it easy. I saved all my drama after surgery. I wish I had found this site before surgery would have been nice to know all this before I got my taste of menapause. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Yes- this site has given me lots of courage and good advice, as well as a place to vent.
My adventure today was being chauffeured by my son around the lake since I can't drive this holiday weekend -- and I put on makeup today. The more normal you can feel the better!! I think that's a good step in recovery- get up, walk, put on makeup, watch tv-- be as active as you can while being on restriction. It will help your mood and your healing!!
And we will be praying for those still who are preop and waiting. You'll be where we are very very soon!!!
( thank goodness no bad poop stories from me today lol!!)
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:19 PM

I think everyone of us post-op ladies will tell you that we had our freakout days. I know I did, and I only had 10 days between being told I needed a hysterectomy and being in the OR - not much time to prepare for the surgery. All the docs were very concerned, and my gyn onc told me we need to operate NOW!

For those 10 days I felt like I was being hurdled towards a brick wall at 200 mph and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I did proceed with the surgery, but the whole process is very upsetting. You ladies are not alone. All of these emotions are very normal.

We are here to support you and we will help you through this.

:hugs2u:
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:31 AM

I have just joined and reading all your posts is such a help - following all your posts "Iam a mess" you are already a help to me and I am sure others - you are certainly helping me as we are in the same position and all the lovely support posts.

I went for what I thought was a problem with fibroids with excessive bleeding bouts - only to be told this Tuesday by the hospital that the thickening of the womb of 12 mm was the problem and they did a hysteroscopy there and then and I am now waiting for the results on 12 June - she said needed to check for C!

My mind is now going into overdrive - I would like to thank all the posters it is such a great support and I know it is going to help over the coming weeks
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM

Anne this sight has been my go to when I m stressing out the most. I have received so much imformation from the sisters who have been in our shoes. I am having my surgery tomorrow, I kno today is going to be tought with the all liquid diet and then the bowel prep but I kno very soon I will be pain free and that is what I m going to think about and focus on today. We will keep u in our prayers and keep us posted on ur progress.
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:55 AM

I am now 4 days from surgury and so far I am fairly calm. I have to do it and I feel good about my doctor and the hospital (very good) so I am trying to remain as calm as possible so as not to add extra stress to my body. Poor body has had LOTS of stress since this all began.

I am remembering that they KNOW what they are doing. They are professionals and in reality hysterectomies are routine for them. I will let them do their job and then I will do mine. I will follow the directions of the pros and allow myself the best opportunity to heal.

I am doing all I can to remember the good Lord have given these people the talent, the training and the desire to work in healthcare. But best of all the Lord is right there guiding them. He is the great physician.

My posts on here have been my journey to this point. As you can see I was a total mess and needed a LOT of encouragement. I sure got it from all these wonderful ladies. I sincerely hope to be able to do the same for others. I am at the point where I have enough strength to choose how I react. I sure hope it lasts the rest of the way. I know myself and I can fall apart an hour from now but I sure am going to try not to!

I want to type "HELP!" but for now I am not going to.

Love,

NOT Brave
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Remember I too had a pretty thick lining and the whole D&C and camera scope thing but it turned out fine!
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb080701 View Post
Anne this sight has been my go to when I m stressing out the most. I have received so much imformation from the sisters who have been in our shoes. I am having my surgery tomorrow, I kno today is going to be tought with the all liquid diet and then the bowel prep but I kno very soon I will be pain free and that is what I m going to think about and focus on today. We will keep u in our prayers and keep us posted on ur progress.
I'm praying kmb !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register