I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Re: I am a mess

Ill.be praying for you I go tue eveything.takes time and im like you but gods got this so sleep tight.and know we are praying for you sending you his angels and speedy recovery lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermvh View Post
((NotBrave))

Anxiety and fear of the unknown is totally understandable! Cry and let it out - you will feel much better and be able to focus on what will be good about this surgery.

And hey, surgery is going to make you more comfortable and get those big fibroids OUT! Don't worry about the worst case scenario, you simply have no control over that - but you DO have control over positive thinking and concentrating on healing and making yourself better!

Fibroids are generally benign and those tests are all precautionary. I had several fibroids and they were all benign. They are gone now.

Breathe. Look forward to happiness and comfort. And let yourself cry as much as you need to, then let it go.

We're here. You can never ask for too much help! That's what we are all here for!

Peace.
Thank you Pepper. I'm trying! I really am. I have found all of you so kind and encouraging that I don't know how I would have gotten to this point without you all!
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM

Ohhhhhhhh I am getting all anxious again about the D & C and hysteroscopy in the morning. All the what ifs are filling my mind again. Oh please Lord let it be just the large fibroid causing problems and nothing more. Help. Help help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 01:23 AM

Hi, I am 2 weeks post op. I was feeling the same things you are. The anxiety, the thought of not waking up again, complications after surgery, blood clots, you name it. I had 4 prior surgeries and never felt this before. My family, doctors, coworkers, and nurses were amazing. My friends and family supported me and my medical team let me know what was going to happen every step of the way. They also made me feel very comfortable and were there for everything I needed. Make sure you say yes to help. That was my main problem, since I am so used to doing everything. And now the thing is for me to find things to keep me busy. I took 8 weeks off from work so I can heal properly. I am not trying to rush this. I don't want to have complications due to moving too fast. I found this site and I think it is amazing. Best of luck to you. We are here to support each other.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Hello ladies,

I have to be at the surgery center in 3 hours for the D&C and lighted scope. I really so want to be at peace but I am all anxious. This isn't good as my BP will be up. I know this is not that big compared to the hysterectomy on the horizon but today I just have to get thru this and I really want to be calm. I have prayed and I have tried my best to rest in Him but still I can feel the unhealthy anxiety so strongly.

Please encourage me again. I know I have been very needy but in reality I AM very needy right now.

Thank you.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Not brave. I prayed all night and this morning. For you to have a peace that passes all understanding. You will be fine the waiting is over. And this will be a thing of the past.may god keep you in his loving arms and give you a speedy recovery. And a clean bill of health. Lol
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Oh Vonnie thank you so much. If I am like this about this procedure how will I make it thru a hysterectomy?

Please keep praying as I go thru these next hours. Please pray that the D & C will show normal cells and the lighted scope she will use to look will not reveal anything alarming beyond the fibroids.

And pray that I will have the peace of the Lord as I am having such a rough time resting in Him.

Thank you Vonnie very much. I hope you are ok today and are able to trust the Lord with the lump in your gland and will very soon have answers. I don't know you personally but I care and I do have love in my heart for you.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmelero View Post
Hi, I am 2 weeks post op. I was feeling the same things you are. The anxiety, the thought of not waking up again, complications after surgery, blood clots, you name it. I had 4 prior surgeries and never felt this before. My family, doctors, coworkers, and nurses were amazing. My friends and family supported me and my medical team let me know what was going to happen every step of the way. They also made me feel very comfortable and were there for everything I needed. Make sure you say yes to help. That was my main problem, since I am so used to doing everything. And now the thing is for me to find things to keep me busy. I took 8 weeks off from work so I can heal properly. I am not trying to rush this. I don't want to have complications due to moving too fast. I found this site and I think it is amazing. Best of luck to you. We are here to support each other.
Thank you for your encouraging words and I am so glad you are taking good care of yourself. I am filled with anxiety as I go for this simpler procedure today. I am trying hard but I am still so filled with anxiety and feel so scared.
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM

Well I have to leave in 20 minutes for the D & C and lighted camera scope. I think everyone here must be at work of doing other things. Please pray for my emtional state. I'm just a mess.
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Heading out in a minute but praying for you! My hysteroscopy/D&C went well. Left home at 10 am, back home by 3:30 (I think), and was feeling well. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register