best OTC pain relief - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

best OTC pain relief best OTC pain relief

Unread 04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Re: best OTC pain relief

The ibuprofen is available over the counter--Just follow the directions on the bottle. Ibuprofen is also Advil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 09:15 AM

what type of surgery did you have?
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:44 AM

I had total vaginal. The Ibuprofen from the doctor is different somehow. It's stonger for one and it takes effect really quick. I hope you find something that helps you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 11:25 AM

Wow, that is hardly anything worth mentioning that your doctor gave you. I sometimes think that some doctors have never experience sever pain. Why else would they not subscribe effective pain relief? I'm from SA and came home with a Tramacet prescription (Tramal and paracetamol). My GP later put me on on an anti-inflammatory as well. Can you get myprodol or even cataflam D OTC?
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:01 AM

Hey girls, Thanks again for all the responses! I finally got the guts to call my Dr. on Fri., but of course they were closed for Good Friday. The questions I have for them are going to about the fever I have had for about 5 days (low grade... 99-101) and also about the issue I have read on and on about ( " your body can't heal right, if your dealing with so much pain" ) This brings up a good point. I am now almost 2 weeks post op and I still have a huge bruise where they put the IV in. If my body isn't healing a bruise well, does this mean that that the incision is healing that slow also? Pain is getting better, but I still sound like a cry baby everyday by noon.. My poor husband is the best, but sometimes I wonder if he is annoyed by my complaining ( he would never tell me the truth on this subject) Yea, I know I need to call my Dr., But ugh!!
Unread 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
best OTC pain relief

J
  Quote:
Originally Posted by ltamikey View Post
Hey girls, Thanks again for all the responses! I finally got the guts to call my Dr. on Fri., but of course they were closed for Good Friday. The questions I have for them are going to about the fever I have had for about 5 days (low grade... 99-101) and also about the issue I have read on and on about ( " your body can't heal right, if your dealing with so much pain" ) This brings up a good point. I am now almost 2 weeks post op and I still have a huge bruise where they put the IV in. If my body isn't healing a bruise well, does this mean that that the incision is healing that slow also? Pain is getting better, but I still sound like a cry baby everyday by noon.. My poor husband is the best, but sometimes I wonder if he is annoyed by my complaining ( he would never tell me the truth on this subject) Yea, I know I need to call my Dr., But ugh!!
I would call your doc as soon as they open today. Just make sure you have stool softeners to take with any pain meds. I am hoping you get in touch with your doc and get to healing. Hugs!
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM

16 Tylonel 3's....not enough. I was sent home with 30, plus 800mg ibuprofins. I made my percoset last a whole week by taking 1/2 pill every two hours, then stretching out and going down in dosage the last 2-3 days as needed. Week 2: I only used a 1/4 pill when I had pain emergency, also using my combo of OTC: 1 reg. tylonal with 1 200mg ibuprofen. Week 3-5 I continued to use the OTC combo, no RX meds needed at all by this point. Week 6-7, I only use OTC as needed, which hasn't been much at all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register