Swelling of pelvic area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelling of pelvic area Swelling of pelvic area

Unread 03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Swelling of pelvic area

Hey Ladies!!
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm 4 days post-op. Had a TAH and feel pretty good. But I have a lot of swelling in the pelvic area. I guess that's the best thing to call it. It's at the top of my genital area. (where the public hair is) Has anyone experienced swelling there?? I have the swelly belly for sure, but I wasn't expecting this to be swollen too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Re: Swelling of pelvic area

Con2

It is not unusual to have swelling in these areas when you think of how much stress that area has experienced.

Think of sprained ankles and how they can swell to protect the area, it is the same principle.

Give yourself time to heal.

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Yes, I did. I thought it was weird too! It, like the rest of the swelling eventually went down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 08:41 PM

I had a lot of swelling and brusing in that area also, it hurt to even touch it when I showered. It took about 3 weeks for the swelling to go away but the swelly belly is still here, I just noticed today that it's not so bad anymore and also the pressure I use to feel in the vagina area has gone away. It takes time... God Bless...
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:41 PM

Yes had it and still have it. I have the most swelling in that area and I am 7 weeks post op and it is jiggly as ever. I walk and it jiggles, it freaked me out and still does. When I was at my 2 week post op appointment the doctor said that I was just swollen and it will go away, just thought it would be down by now. Hang in there, just a minor thing we have to deal with.
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:21 PM

I had it, but it went away after about a week. I noticed that I had gained about 6-7 pounds (probably mostly liquid from the IV). And liquid moves down due to gravity. After a week, that puffy area above my pubic bone was gone, and I had lost all the water weight. (I noticed the same thing when I had an IV when I had a baby.) I also thought I had some extra water weight in my upper thighs, and it also went away the first week.

This was different from swelly belly, which is up higher and comes and goes. Swelly belly is mostly gone for me in the morning, and as the day goes on, it increases.

Hope this helps. Drink lots of water so that you can get your urinary tract going well, and it will likely go away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register