We all need a good laugh every now and then... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

We all need a good laugh every now and then... We all need a good laugh every now and then...

Unread 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
We all need a good laugh every now and then...

GRAB YOUR TUMMY PILLOWS

My father in law got real sick the other day so we took him to urgent care. The docs at urgent care then scared the bejezzus out of him and my husband making the two of them think he was dying by throwing around words like EXTREME SEPSIS and ICU and they took him by ambulance to the ER at the hospital. My husband followed the ambulance and said there were a couple of times they reaches 85 miles an hour in the rush to get him to the ER in time. Once in the hospital, he sat on a gurney in the hallway IGNORED for 3 hours. Then when the doctors finally got him in a room they ran some labs (ct scan, blood, urine, x-ray, etc and came into the room a few hours later and told him that all his tests show he needs a hysterectomy IMMEDIATELY. The doc continued on about options and pros and cons of the options and length of healing time and all that. My father in law just looked right back at them and said "But I want to have more kids, doc. I am not ready to give up on being a mom." The doc scowled at him, looked at the paperwork in his hands, GLARED at my husband who was almost falling off of his chair laughing so hard, and left the room. HE IS A MAN and the doc was going on for 5 minutes about the hysterectomy before my 66 year old father in law subtly reminded him that he is a man therefore without a hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Re: We all need a good laugh every now and then...

That is funny!!! Thanks for the laugh. Hope your father in law is ok and they found out what was wrong with him.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:50 PM

That is AWESOME!!!! I hope your father in law didnt have anything serious (other than the presumed uterus in his male body ). I hope he is feeling bettee & that you all got HUGE apologies from that doctor. Thanks for sharing the story <3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 10:57 PM

No apologies at all from the docs or any of them. He is on the mend. He has a couple of kidney stones the size of marbles and grapes that were making him ill.
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:08 AM

To Funny!!!
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:02 AM

Oh, my. That really makes you wonder what happens behind the scene at a hospital!

Last fall I was in the ER for my pelvic pain and started bleeding while I was waiting for the doc. After a CT scan, he came back and told me I had an ovarian cyst and appendicitis. I started laughing and told him it was a miracle since I had my appendix out in college. He was mortified, ran off, came back with the CORRECT radiology print out, told me I was fine and call my OB, and discharged me. Thanks doc!

Moral of these stories...always bring an advocate!!!
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:04 AM

hello ladies.its 5am here where i live and i was just reading your have a good laugh post and had to step away for a min as heard a loud scream come from the cat outside and mydog 1yr old labradoodle who is inside with me, she went to the balcony door to check it out and she starts giving a low growl so i go see whats up, and geesh heres 2 racoons on my back deck eating the cats food,,cat loves it outside so much he rarely comes in so we put some food out there for him too...at first it startled me as i turned on the outside light as its dark out and too see racoons staring back at me lol,,,we live in a little village sorta country living but not in the back 40s, we do have a little city population here lol,,,anyway just wanted to share with ya as ime reading your giggle post i just had to add my little experience this morn..have a wonderful day ladies..
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the laugh!! I have one to add. At my last job, there was a guy in the maintenance department who wasn't too bright. He came in one day complaining about stomach pains and kept saying "I think it's my gall bladder, my gall bladder's really acting up again, oooh, I gotta see my doctor." He then called in sick for a couple days in a row. When he got back to work, his co-workers asked if he'd seen the doctor about his gall bladder. The guy said, "Oh, yeah, I did, but that's not what it was. I forgot I had my gall bladder out back in '93."

How do you forget something like that?!?!
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:11 AM

thankyou ladies for the good giggles this morn. makes for a wonderful start of the day..thankyou...peace be with you
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:31 AM

What funny stories! Hahaaaaahaahaa! Thanks for the early morning laughs Love it! Ha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register