Lubrication | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Lubrication

Hi Girls, I have an embarrassing questions
My doctor said that at 6 weeks post op I would be able to resume sex with my husband, I'm a little nervous about it and not sure what to expect. I keep reading about vaginal dryness, so not sure if this is going to be my case but want to be prepared, so my question is which is the best lubrication to buy?
I had always been on birth control before my surgery but a couple of months before my surgery I stopped the pill and had to use condoms and the ones that my husband bought had some sort of lubrication that gave me a UTI right away. So I need to find something that will work for me and not give me an infection any sugestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Re: Lubrication

I don't usually buy lubrication but I heard it was helpful to use alot post op so I went shopping. I bought KY Sensitive it has no perfumes or added junk so I thought it would be ok. It worked fine for me, no troubles. And happily I only needed to use it the first couple times
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM

The best I've found is Astroglide. It's not as thick as KY, so it doesn't have that jelly feel to it. A little goes a long way though so you don't need too much. KY works too but I just don't like gel lubricants. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM

I have used KY and it works pretty well, but have heard that Astroglide works very well so I may try that. I am 6 weeks post op and have not been cleared yet, but it makes me nervous to think about.

Unread 03-31-2012, 11:33 AM

Most people I have asked say Astroglide hands down - even my OBGYN. So, that's what I will go with. My surgeon told me to go slow and use lots of lube for the first time.
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Thank you all for your replies, I'm going to buy both and see which one works better for me, I never thought I would ever have to worry about something like this but very thankful to GOD for every day that passes by...
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:45 PM

It's funny, when I was in my 20's I bought lube a couple times and I was sooo embarrassed to do so! This time I just marched right into the store and tossed it on the belt alongside my groceries. There you go, ring that up please.
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:56 PM

My second followup is in two weeks, I'm hopeful and looking forward to sex also. I went and purchased lube just last week (astroglide), instead of the K-Y. All prepared, I left it in my husbands nightstand, he hasn't said a word. His only concern is my doctors clearance and okay Staying optimistic and excited to take the new and improved "Vagina" for a ride.
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Astroglide is good, that is what we have used in the past. Have not needed it since my hyst though. Guess my Estrogen pills are doing their thing!

You mentioned getting and infection from the lube on the condom, I wonder if you reacted to the spermicide. I had bad reactions to that stuff when we used them.
Unread 04-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Hi sisters, I have had sex about four times now this month since the all clear from Doc and all four times I've needed lube (KY), however, I have not been placed on any HRT yet so it may be the reason I am semi dry inside. I still have some natural lube but just not enough for comfort. Also, when we had sex the second time my husband went in all the way for the first time since the hyster and I did have some bleeding afterwards but no pain. I wasn't worried because I have read on here of similar experiences so I ignored it and it went away pretty quickly. So, don't let any blood upset you unless it goes on the next day or more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register