Scheduled LAVH Maybe a silly question about pajamas - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Maybe a silly question about pajamas Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Thread Tools
  #11  
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

  Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh_1 View Post
Nope, not silly at all.
Def. not silly!
All the advice here is good. I went for some baggy nightgowns (cotton as the hospital was going to be hot) and also BIG knickers for any pads I might need to use. I ended up being only in for one night (I had the same op that you will be having) but was prepared for more.
I agree that the nightgowns can get tangled up if you want to turn and change position however I haven't found it comfy to sleep on my side yet hence no problem. I had a spinal block and catheter as well as a general anaesthetic so I was pretty immobile for the first 12 hours after my op. hence nighties were a good option.
Good luck and warm wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Unread 03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppykins View Post
Def. not silly!
All the advice here is good. I went for some baggy nightgowns (cotton as the hospital was going to be hot) and also BIG knickers for any pads I might need to use. I ended up being only in for one night (I had the same op that you will be having) but was prepared for more.
I agree that the nightgowns can get tangled up if you want to turn and change position however I haven't found it comfy to sleep on my side yet hence no problem. I had a spinal block and catheter as well as a general anaesthetic so I was pretty immobile for the first 12 hours after my op. hence nighties were a good option.
Good luck and warm wishes.
Well and here you are posting a few days after your surgery which gives me hope! I do expect I will have to have a TAH because I am overweight and had problems being laid back during my Lap, so I am preparing for the worst. It feels like I am planning a trip overseas . . . don't I wish! Thanks again and I am glad to see you here so soon after your procedure!
  #13  
Unread 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Pajamas might be inconvenient for the first few days after surgery. I couldn't wear them because I had both a catheter and a drain near my incision.
I took PJ's with me to hospital but couldn't wear them, so I had to ask my sisters to bring me some oversized T's and a few nightdresses.

Believe me, dragging yourself out of bed to go to the toilet is hard enough, so when you get there the last thing you'd want to be doing is struggling with tubes traveling in and out of your panties (make sure they're 2 sizes larger) and the longer PJ bottoms.

Keep in mind that bending over is going to be difficult, so even things like slippers should be easy to slip on and off.

good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Unread 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Thanks for asking the question! it was exactly the info I was looking for also! good luck with your surgery...
  #15  
Unread 03-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

I just wore the hospital gown. I came to the hospital in sweat pants and a thermal and hoodie and left in the same clothes. I did bring a robe to wear over hospital gown. It was warm so I don't think I wore it. The hospital gown was perfect because of the iv, catheter, surgeon's visits in checking incision area, removing staples etc. Pajamas would make everything impossible. They demanded that I put on the hospital gown before surgery and when I woke up, I felt good put didn't get out of bed until the next day. I was sore at that point to be able to put on pajamas and it would've affected all the things I mentioned above. I worked out just fine. All I had on were my panties under the hospital gown. And I brought changes of panties for each day I was there.
  #16  
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Dear Kopiallie,
I was worried that my weight would alter the proposed surgery (I am v. heavy..another looong story) but I was lucky with my surgeon and anaesthetist. The latter being very used to working with patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery hence he would HAVE to be good at safely putting under people who are very overweight. My gynae is an advanced minimal access surgeon who does masterclasses on the op that I had so I felt very safe that if anyone could do it he could....and he did! I wish you well. The anticipation and anxiety leading up to the op is all too fresh in my mind so I feel for you. Be kind to yourself, you are taking a big step to look after yourself by having this op. I planned to do something nice the night before the day of the op...just tea and cake out with a very good friend , but it steadied me and gave me something good to look forward to before the going in time.
Warm wishes x
  #17  
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppykins View Post
Dear Kopiallie,
I was worried that my weight would alter the proposed surgery (I am v. heavy..another looong story) but I was lucky with my surgeon and anaesthetist. The latter being very used to working with patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery hence he would HAVE to be good at safely putting under people who are very overweight. My gynae is an advanced minimal access surgeon who does masterclasses on the op that I had so I felt very safe that if anyone could do it he could....and he did! I wish you well. The anticipation and anxiety leading up to the op is all too fresh in my mind so I feel for you. Be kind to yourself, you are taking a big step to look after yourself by having this op. I planned to do something nice the night before the day of the op...just tea and cake out with a very good friend , but it steadied me and gave me something good to look forward to before the going in time.
Warm wishes x
Heck and for me the Lupron did not help, just added an extra 35 pounds in 4 months that I didn't need. :-( AND after all of that it ended up not helping much. Sounds like you had fantastic doctors. I think I am in good hands with my new doctor; I feel much better with him than with my previous doctor who actually seemed to become less helpful to me the more weight I gained . . . she was very helpful when I was thin(ish) 6 years ago when all this started. Maybe that is in my head, but . . .

I am planning to do nothing stressful the Monday and Tuesday before my surgery. I am even turning off the cell phone! Thanks for the good advice. I just bought a few gowns for when I come home and a tummy pillow. At least I will be prepared!

Hugs!
  #18  
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

  Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoriolis View Post
Thanks for asking the question! it was exactly the info I was looking for also! good luck with your surgery...
Ok, good I am glad I asked then! I have gotten excellent answers and am super appreciative of everyone's input! Good luck with your surgery too!

I am starting to wonder if I can register at Walmart, Target or HysterSisters for surgery gifts! LOL

  #19  
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Oh gosh, not bringing any pajamas now. I quess no point in bringing any make up either. I had contemplated eyebrow pencil and face powder and lip balm. Probably not.
  #20  
Unread 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Great question, not silly at all! I too, have been in the hospital 4 times in 6 years, and never wore any of my stuff in the hospital. Light weight sweat pants to wear in and out, same outfit, since you will get out of those shortly after arriving in pre-op. Have a week's worth of panties two sizes too big for right after you get home. Need'em loose and you don't want to be doing laundry. Good luck!!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
47 Replies, Last Reply 07-09-2009, Started By Zannah
2 Replies, Last Reply 04-03-2006, Started By 0825
4 Replies, Last Reply 02-03-2006, Started By Tamque
10 Replies, Last Reply 07-01-2005, Started By jsd514
6 Replies, Last Reply 11-25-2004, Started By Itsie
10 Replies, Last Reply 07-07-2004, Started By MistyEyes
1 Reply, Last Reply 04-20-2004, Started By jenny768
3 Replies, Last Reply 02-21-2004, Started By Tiffanii
1 Reply, Last Reply 01-18-2004, Started By samm42
3 Replies, Last Reply 01-15-2004, Started By Mrsbigdog6243
9 Replies, Last Reply 07-31-2003, Started By misskyle0615
8 Replies, Last Reply 02-21-2003, Started By Radar
15 Replies, Last Reply 12-12-2002, Started By leejambrose
6 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
11 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
11 Replies, Breast Health
3 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

November 25,2020

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement