Scheduled LAVH Maybe a silly question about pajamas - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe a silly question about pajamas Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Re: Maybe a silly question about pajamas

Just wear the hospital gown and bring a robe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 03:06 AM

[quote=Kopiallie;3723983]Ok, good I am glad I asked then! I have gotten excellent answers and am super appreciative of everyone's input! Good luck with your surgery too!

I am starting to wonder if I can register at Walmart, Target or HysterSisters for surgery gifts! LOL

[/QUOTE

Brilliant idea! You could start a new business holding Hysterectomy lists for gifts post surgery!

Hope you are pacing yourself and trying hard not to dwell on the things that are concerning you about the op. If you don't have enough information, ask. If you know all that you need to know then it is the surgeon and anaesthetists responsibility to worry about it, not yours!!! (That is why they are paid sooooooo much!!)
Warm hugs from the UK.
Poppykins x
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:00 AM

I have new p.j's for hospital but reading this I went down to Target to get a couple of nightgowns and a light cotton robe, but as it is coming up to winter here there is only long p.j.'s. I will have to keep looking around for nightgowns and hope I find some before I go in. Did anyone find that loose pants were ok? Just in case I can't find nightgowns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2012, 07:54 AM

hi there, nope you definitely did not have a silly question, your question is very much what every women probably went through before surgery as we all wanted to be prepared. i too took way to much to the hospital, lol, wish i didnt, but now i know better..so yep i agree with most everyone in here,,i had iv in my both my arms and my belly was very swelled and i kept having to pee and nurses kept coming in to check my iv and belly, so best to use their hospital gowns and yes use another of their gowns as housecoat if you walk around..so yep tooth brush, toothpaste, hair brush, hair ties or pins, and maybe skin cream for your face or hands and i found my skin was very dry, and take lip balm for dry lips...wear the clothes you went to hospital in to go home in...and please whatever is on your mind before or after surgery never feel silly too ask as the women in here are so wonderfully helpful all the time,,i too thought i shouldnt ask some things and felt silly asking, but one women in here helped me to feel comfy of any questions as she said its okay were all women here and its okay to ask anything..i so love this site and all the women in here ime so very greatful to have such beautiful, loving support..Peace be with you
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
I have new p.j's for hospital but reading this I went down to Target to get a couple of nightgowns and a light cotton robe, but as it is coming up to winter here there is only long p.j.'s. I will have to keep looking around for nightgowns and hope I find some before I go in. Did anyone find that loose pants were ok? Just in case I can't find nightgowns.
Loose pants or pants of any kind are going to make it impossible for the medical staff to do their work. You will most likely have a catheter tube. Don't worry about pi's, nightgowns. Wear the hospital gown but get a warm robe. I was too sore to get the robe on and off but i laid it over me to keep warm. It was a lifesaver.
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:01 PM

My doctor told me not to bring a gown or pj's...she said I would be in the hospital gown. So I am gonna bring my fleese throw and extra granny panties but no pjs yeaaahhh...my surgery is Wednesday!
Unread 04-01-2012, 06:15 PM

I'm post op day four of TAH ...make sure you get "full " coverage underwear in a size larger than you usually wear because you'll most likely have a swollen belly. I too didn't worry about things to wear in the hospital but at home I've stuck to draw string lounge pants just a little bigger than normal. Best Wishes! You can do it!
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:32 AM

Not a silly question I have been wondering the same thing. This information has been very helpful.
Unread 04-02-2012, 07:59 AM

hello kittencat... the first day after i got outta surgery i was very groggy and in lots of pain, the nurses kept giving pain medication and gravol drip through my iv, as well as had saline solution drip through another iv, so even if i wanted to wear a pj shirt there was no way i could have gotten it over my head as iv lines were in the way, and the hospital gown they put on me was a wrap around and closed in the front so i didnt have any worries of my behind showing,,also when i got up to walk around i had to push that metal thing around me that had my iv lines hooked up to so i couldnt have changed into anything else anyway....also the nurses will keep checking your belly and taking blood pressure and repleneshing your saline solution iv,,,and my body from underneath my breasts down to my mid thigh was stained with that antiseptic cleanser they put on you to prevent infection which is a pale red color and this stuff stains the clothes your wearing, so i was quite content to just stay in the hospital gowns and they put a very stretchy comfy boxer type undies on me, and those were like so very comfy that i actually asked them for another pair that i took home with me for comfort,,,so all in all i was only in hospital for a day and a half and just stayed in the hospital gowns. when i got home and all the way up until now which ime now at 3 and half weeks post op, all ive been wearing is huge pj bottoms, shirt and housecoat,,,and big baggy sweat pants...ive tried to wear something different at times when i thought i was feeling better, but i still have a swelly belly and ugh ime still wearing big baggy sweatpants...i hope this helps you..peace be with you...
Unread 04-03-2012, 02:46 AM

Thanks for the advice. I have found a pair of loose comfy pj pants to wear when i come home and am happy to wear the hospital gown while I am in there. Thanks for all ladies on here for the advice and support. Good luck to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register