Still in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Still in pain

I had my hysterectomy on March 5 and the pain was getting better. Now I'm having pain left lower abdominal pain that shoots up and brings tears to my eyes. Now i'm having tummy problems not like sick and going to vomit but having to go to the bathroom. I can't stand it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Re: Still in pain

Nett71,

Are you having gas pains? Have you been regular since your surgery? Have you tried Gas-X and stool softeners? The pain you describe is me when I have to go, but can't. Metamucil and Gas-X help A LOT with that. Also, water...and lots of it. Sometimes lying on my back eases the pain and helps gas pass, too.
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:16 PM

I went through the same pains for the first three weeks, and then again at four after I lifted a grocery bag. I agree the that gas thing as been a big issue also. Remember that your stitches are holding together a fair amount of belly tissues, including muscle tissues, that have been traumatically cut through, and then held together by foreign methods. It takes a lot of time for these to heal. Just do not lift anything, do not vacuum, sweep or do other household work. If you must do things, think very minimally, for very short periods of time, and under 5 pounds. It will get better over time. I'm currently just over 5 weeks and happy to report I'm just now 70% back to my health and strength.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM

Thanks so much. I must admit that I have been doing some housework. I feel much better now since you broke everything down to me. I'll just relax and allow myself to heal.
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:48 PM

March 8th here and still needs pain meds every couple days. Today is really bad incision pain. You are not alone!
Unread 03-31-2012, 10:04 PM

I had my surgery done on march 13 after 5 days I am released from hospital but infection of my one liph node make me to be in the hospital again for 5 days. they insert in me from the back pigytail to collect fluids and they will rmove when amount of fluids decrease but amount keep inkreasin. I am scared and I do not know what to do doc said that it will decrease but he do not know when. did anyone had a same problem Also I am sorry for speling english is my secund language and I am not good inwriting. thank you for any advice or answer
Unread 04-01-2012, 01:10 AM

No, I haven't been regular since my surgery but i don't think that pain is from gas but I do think the stomach issues may be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register