LSH when do you go back to work and how did you feel | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when do you go back to work and how did you feel when do you go back to work and how did you feel

Unread 03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
when do you go back to work and how did you feel

How did you fill after working were you tired?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Re: when do you go back to work and how did you feel

Last week was my first week back after six weeks off. I have a desk job but still felt like I got hit by a truck by 2ish. Been sleeping all weekend and finally feeling a bit better. Hopefully next week gets easier!
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:01 PM

I went back at 9 weeks post-op and I was just fine. I work as an Elementary Principal in a small school with tons of stairs. I did watch the lifting as it took till 6 and half months post-op until I was completely healed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:12 PM

I'm 15 days post-op - went back to work a week ago from my sofa - working from home, but back into the office last night for 3 hours and today went in because it's tax season (I'm an accountant) and ended up getting stuck there with clients at my desk for 9 hours!! With the drive to and from, I was out of the house for over 10 hours, I thought I was dying by the time I got home. Had severe pain in my groin (had a bladder sling inserted through there) and I never realized how "tight" my abdomen was while driving. If you're going to work, I recommend SLOW and EASY - do not jump back in like this! I had to lie down for awhile, then hot bath to relax, couple of brews and a pain pill... I'm good now, but I paid for it...
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM4000 View Post
Last week was my first week back after six weeks off. I have a desk job but still felt like I got hit by a truck by 2ish. Been sleeping all weekend and finally feeling a bit better. Hopefully next week gets easier!
Not sure why, but it seems comforting that someone else is in the same boat as I am. Makes me feel like I have not lost my mind. I was at a desk and have felt worse this week than 2 week. I am hoping it gets easier too and wondering if I am ever going to feel good again.
Unread 03-31-2012, 11:29 PM

I did not go back til 8 weeks. And still felt extremely tired and pain at end of day, and I only work 3 days a week. If I work a few in a row I have a lot of groin and radiating upper thigh pain. I am on my feet all day (pharmacist). And still wearing yoga pants cause some swelly belly by day end
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLW3397 View Post
Not sure why, but it seems comforting that someone else is in the same boat as I am. Makes me feel like I have not lost my mind. I was at a desk and have felt worse this week than 2 week. I am hoping it gets easier too and wondering if I am ever going to feel good again.

I couldn't agree more! I also felt like I went backwards a few weeks. I slept away this weekend so now i'm feeling like I did prior to going back to work. Can't wait to start the process all over again this week. But I'm very lucky to have an understanding manager and coworkers.

I never thought recovery would be like this. It's been so physically and mentally exhausting. As everyone keeps telling me, it was major surgery. Some days are better than others, taking it day by day at this point.

Looks like we have the same date. Great way to spend valentines day! We'll get back to normal... Eventually.... hope you rested well this weekend
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM

I went back at 4 weeks. I started with 4 hours days the first few days and then bumped up to 5 hour days. The first 2 days I went home at noon and slept all afternoon. By Thursday and Friday I was feeling like I could work the whole day. If you can, go back part time at first.
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:16 PM

I went back at 5 weeks, but took it slow and listened to my body. I ended up working two half days, took Wed. off, then went back for full days Thurs. and Fri. I'm not gonna lie, I was exhausted, had swelly belly and my incisions were sore for the first few days easing back into it, but it felt really good to be out of the house and doing something normal in my life! I think my commute (over an hour a day) played a toll on the soreness...sitting upright was and in a way still is tough on me. Maybe do to the fact that I also had to have two treatments of silver nitrate, one at 6 weeks and one last week (8 weeks)???

My advice...take it slow and easy when you decide to ease back into your normal life routines...if it's too soon, your body will let you know! :-)
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:29 PM

I'm going back tomorrow at day 10 post LSH. It's a desk job and I'm only going for a few hours but I am worried its too early. No one was covering my desk really so it's stressful just to sit home and watch the emails roll in. We shall see what happens and if I can manage even two hours. .I started a low grade temp tonight so that may squash the whole thing by tomorrow. Be well all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register