Did anyone else recover in an RV? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone else recover in an RV? Did anyone else recover in an RV?

Unread 04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Re: Did anyone else recover in an RV?

oh how wonderful that sounds - but there is literally no floor space in here - although it will be warmer during my recovery, could sleep outside...

We only have, as furniture in here, a bed and a small dinette, period. the rig is 28 feet long and 8 feet wide, but you have to remember it's a motorhome so 6 feet of it is drive cabin. so basically, 22 ft x 8 ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM

If you're not climbing up to a bunk bed, you should be fine with the bed as it is. Climbing a few steps is totally possible, just not a bunk bed with a ladder.
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:33 AM

oh no, no not bunk beds - a comfy queen bed up 3 steps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM

I think it sounds awesome actually! If there is a queen bed and a beautiful lake view, what more could you ask for? You'll have the refrigerator and bathroom close by too! Take it VERY easy and slow on those steps to the bed and shower, but you should do fine if you go SLOW! Have Hubby help you for the first week or so, you wouldn't want to lose your balance and fall. Once your feeling a bit better and stronger you can have Hubby set up a comfy chair outside and you can bask away in the sun and nap through your recovery! Recovery in paradise! Think of yourself as lucky!Most of us get stuck recovering in our bedroom alone and feeling cut off and deserted.AS long as your hubby doesn't get on your nerves you'll have it made!
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannykat View Post
oh no, no not bunk beds - a comfy queen bed up 3 steps
Wonderful! You will be just fine. Three steps are totally doable. Best of luck with your surgery. And thinks sounds just fine for your recovery.
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Counting my blessings! thank you ladies
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:03 PM

ME! We also live in our RV full time. My surgery was march 9. I don't see how it's any different from recovering in a house, hotel or anywhere else. The RV is our home and I've been completely comfortable. No issues from the stairs or anything else.

You can do it too!
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Actually I have more stairs in my house. If it's regular steps, you're good. Sounds like living in a small sailboat. Really the small size could be good, and when you can't clean, you won't have a big house getting dusty to worry about. Good luck, it sounds do-able.
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Okay, so your thread title made me laugh. Hubby and I live in an RV full time. He is military and we are only here for a couple of years, and only have one more duty station before he retires, so instead of renting an apartment, we got a fifth wheel camper. I worry about the front steps coming in as well as the steps up to the bedroom. I am glad for a large sliding glass shower and a pair of recliners about now though! I think I will be spending the first few days sleeping in one of them.
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Hello, you likely won't want to lay down to much anyway. I slept in a recliner for the first week because barrel rolling out of the bed or even moving for that matter was tough.. I'm pretty small at about 135 lbs. - 5' 6" tall. In a reclinded upright position was best for me.

you'll figure it out and do what works best for you. The first three likely will be spent in the hospital - their beds raise up to assist your mobility. :-) take care of you and hope everything goes well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register