Frustrated, Scared, Nervous...y is this happening?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated, Scared, Nervous...y is this happening?! Frustrated, Scared, Nervous...y is this happening?!

Unread 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Frustrated, Scared, Nervous...y is this happening?!

I am 37 with 3 kids, the youngest of 14. I have dealt with ovarian cysts most of my adult life. Most times it didnt bother me, but occasionally it caused some pain. Over the last few years, my periods have gotten heavier including large clots and more painful.

Ok, so the day after Christmas, I start what I thought was a normal menstrual. It lessons within 6 - 7 days but still had spotting on and off throughout the month of January. After a month, the bleeding goes from an occasional spotting to a heavier bleed and proceeds to get heavier. Initially I believe that I am going through menopause as the women in my family have all gone through menopause in their 30's (Great gma was 37, gma was 34, and my mother was 32). As the bleeding gets heavier and more painful, I finally resort to seeing my doctor. No health insurance as I lost my job due to the declining economy over a year ago. Doc puts me on meds to stop the bleeding which works for a week, and the bleeding returns. Gives me another med to take for 10 days and then back to the original med. I stopped bleeding and spotting about a week ago finally!

In the meantime, I'm scheduled for hyst on April 9, oops wait, doc is leaving on the 13th for Easter and doesnt feel comfortable leaving 4 days after major surgury and is only ob/gyn in clinic. Ok fine, so now scheduled for 23rd of April. This morning, nurse calls and says, surgery cancelled doc is taking some "family time"! My options are: to be referred to a general surgeon or to another facility an hour or more down the road! That would make trip home after surgury almost 2 hours! Grrrrr!

So I agreed to see general surgeon on Thursday this week, though I'm not sure I'm comfortable not having an ob/gyn. Only good thing to come out of all of this is that the gs may be able to schedule my surgery within the next week or two...really needing some words of encouragement here, feeling so down and frustrated!

This process has already been stressful...no health insurance, my bf already has a chronic disease and not sure he will be able to keep up with the care I may require afterwards. I still struggle with the option of ovaries or no ovaries (I'm 37 and don't want HRT). I feel like my ovaries are the cause of all of this (cysts). So do I keep them and have the cysts removed and run the possibility of cysts again or just get rid of it all and forget about HRT unless my body really shows signs of needing it?

All this combined has made my life a living hell over the last few months. My quality of life sucks! I can't even do dishes without taking something for the pain afterwards. 10 minutes or more of standing and my body is soooo tired and sore! Up until last week when the bleeding finally quit due to the hormones they are giving me, I couldnt even trust my body to go to the grocery store without standing up and having a pool of blood flow out of me and over the sides of every pad I've tried! Somebody please give me something encouraging...I can't take this anymore! I can't wait til this is all done and over with!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Re: Frustrated, Scared, Nervous...y is this happening?!

Sweetie, I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this. It sounds as if you have a lot on your plate.

Having a hysterectomy is very stressful - it is an emotional experience, and hard to wrap your brain around. I cannot answer the cause of your medical situation. I am hoping the doctors can answer that for you. If you wish, you may want another opinion on your situation. I also agree with you that you may want a gyn surgeon. Just a general surgeon may not be the right fit.

Can your kids help out if you have surgery? Maybe a neighbor or a friend? Sometimes the local church can help, or you can do meals-on-wheels for at least dinners?

in there.

(((Hugs))) to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register