Nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:05 PM
Nervous

Hi Terese,
Hoping that by now you have made your apponitment, and that most of your questions have been answered.
Rest assured all of your questions and anxiety is very typical, at least for me it was. Look at what you have been through!
Hope all is well!
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Made appt.

Hi
I made my appt. They are getting me in Jan 31 at 10 am. I know he will do a pap and it will take a little while for results to come back. I'm trying to stay positive. Just, as I said, a little gun shy or whatever after that caught me completely off guard last year. The woman who did my pap said "ahhh...nothing to worry about...you look just fine (inside)". HA
Then when I tried to keep my chin up during and after cone, and still had to go get hyst a couple weeks later. BUT he did say best results possible after hyst. I have wondered if anyone else has heard of "skip lesions"?? Thats what they thought I had...then I didn't...but they said it was good to do hyst anyway since I had severe dysplasia. They said skip lesions were very rare, but suspected them since I had fragments when they did the scraping. Am I speaking anyones language here?
I guess I have just wanted to forget it all...and forget it happened...and I'm just a little scared to go. But yes, early detection is the best!! So I'm going!!
Thanks for your support!
Therese
Unread 01-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Nervous

Glad that you got an appt and if you get nervous about it, you just come in here and we will cheer you on! You know that this has to be done, but that doesn't make it any easier, right? We've been there!
Have you posted your questions around on the site? When you mentioned your bowels and the swelly belly, it reminded me of myself. Have you mentioned IBS to your doctor? Tell your doctor how you are feeling and the trouble you have with your bowels. I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome years ago, and my doctor told me that it was not unusual for the surgery to make it act up again. It's a miserable feeling, but I just keep remembering that it could be a lot worse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Nervous

Hi Therese!
So glad to hear that you got an appointment this soon. Thats wonderful, and you will feel so much better having done it. I am sure you will do just fine, but its nice to have the confirmation that everything is fine!!

Now remember...see if they will book your next one for 6 months before you leave, that way you mark it on the calendar, and its a done deal. You don't have to worry about booking it, or forgetting to book it!!
All the best, and keep us posted!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Nervous

Hi Therese, sending you a big Hope you are feeling a little less anxious. Best of luck on 31 st much love always xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register