Adenomyosis Symptoms - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis Symptoms Adenomyosis Symptoms

Unread 04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Re: Adenomyosis Symptoms

My main symptom from my adenomyosis was pain, and lots of it. It got to where I had pain all month long. I was missing work at least a day every month. I had uterine pain and pain down into my right groin area. That is gone now.
All in all, glad I had the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Hi everyone, not officially diagnosed but suspected due to U/S findings and symptoms - here goes

Burning in my stomach and nausea before my periods
Back pain - used to be just week before and during AF but is now pretty much constant worse around ovulation excrutiating during AF
Hip pain
Diarrhea
My periods were very heavy but I haven't had a real heavy one in about three months - now I know why I have cervical stenosis - periods are so painful the pain makes me naseous.
Bloating
headaches
tired
My newest symptom - horrible cramps and back pain after sex or a pelvic exam
Really can't wait for my surgery on Thursday - now that I am listing all of this! Good luck ladies!
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:35 AM

I had my surgery but my hip pain is still there! 6 weeks post op. just wondering if and when it will go away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM

My back pain was gone the moment I woke up from the surgery. I am almost 7 weeks post-op and it is still gone. I was also having daily sciatica pain as well. That is gone too. My uterus, in addition to being enlarged from the adeno, was severely retroflexed, meaning it was essentially sitting backwards on my tail bone and all the nerves. Besides being free of life-threatening period bleeding, the pain is gone.
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:03 AM

Hi
My symptoms came on strong last November and my original doctor kept telling me it was all in my head and even tried to put me anti-depressants. Its a blessing to know I am not alone. Fast forward...new doctor....ct scan, many vag ultrasounds, mri and colonosopy...and now back on pill to help with pain.

Hip pain left side
Back nerve pain by tailbone left side
retroverted uterus
Constipation
Uterus causing colon stricture
Bleeding from vaginia when constipated (new and scary)
Spotting between periods
Bloated and heavy
sharp pains in pelvis aroung lymph nodes
Pain down leg
Seems to get worse week before period
Scared silly its really cancer

My GI told me to have the hyster but now I have to convince the Gyno. He told me it was an option but had a wait and see attitude. I not sure what to do, I hate living like this, I worry constantly, but also scared to have the surgery. I am told there is no guarantee pain and colon stricture will go away. I am really tired of letting this decision and symptoms take over my life....thanks for letting me vent!
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM

I didn't know anything about adenomysis until I was diagnosed with it in January. I had all of the symptoms everyone else has described, but I didn't put it all together, thinking maybe I was pre-menopausal. My dr was about to prescribe the mirena IUD but sent me for an MRI to make sure the prolonged bleeding wasn't from fibroids. They then spotted the adeno. She recommended a total hysterectomy and removal of 1 ovary because of a huge cyst. I got a second opinion from one of the area's top doctors and will be having my surgery next week. He is doing it via Davinci, although there was some concern from my dr. because of my weight/size. The surgeon thinks it won't be a problem at all and I'm so looking forward to getting my life back.
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Thank you for starting this thread! I felt like I was the only one that had these symptoms. I just found out about Adenomyosis today from this forum. It sounds like what I have and I'm looking forward to talking to my doctor about it next month at my next appointment.

During my period I get horrible shooting pains in my pelvis. I will be sitting at my desk and will have to hold myself up in my chair because it hurts so bad. I was too embarrassed to tell my doctor because I thought I was crazy since I had never heard of this before. My other symptoms are:

Periods last 8-10 days
Heavy bleeding with large clots during first 3 days
Very painful stabbing cramps for about 5 days before period and 5 days during
Extreme fatigue
Diarrhea
Bloating
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM

Hi,

I had this also which was diagnosed after surgery, with removal the only treatment. I am on tamoxifen post breast cancer and believe the endometrial proliferation was from this. Had had NO Gynae problems till 18 months on tamoxifen then started bleeding, had a large endometrial polyp removed, then 6 months later felt prenenstral, as in heavy feeling, another hysteroscopy and currette and then when the next 6 months scan showed thickening and stuff(&@[email protected]$$&) that was extreme even for being on tamoxifen I had had it and wanted it out. Gynae was not convinced it was necessary, another currette was necessary. I won and histology said it was adenomyosis and had needed it to be out, so I am happy with my decision.

It does seem to be a strange one and more difficult to diagnose.
Just go with your gut, you know your body better than anyone else so believe in yourself.

Interested to hear others experiences having adenomyosis dagnosed

Cheers
Fitzy53
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM

And oh my, I have most of these symptoms. But I wrote them off as just stuff that happens. Not "officially" diagnosed with adenomysosis yet, but suspected due to symptoms, u/s and laraposcopy. And I thought periods were just supposed to be horrible! Surgery scheduled on June 1
Symptoms:
Periods about 7-9 days
Heavy bleeding the first couple
Passing clots (always have done this)
Back pain (have a tipped uterus)
Pain during sex
and...
The cramps......like 2 1/2 weeks out of the month
starts around ovulation and ends towards the end of my period. Have knife-like pains too.

Good luck and blessings to everyone who has their surgeries coming up.
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mused1025 View Post
And oh my, I have most of these symptoms. But I wrote them off as just stuff that happens.
I've had these symptoms for the past year or so, getting more severe within the past 6 months. Even the midwife I saw for my yearly exam said my issues were normal. She said periods just get worse with age! I'm 31. If it hadn't been for my prolapsed uterus, I'd have believed her about my periods and went on with my crappy life. Lucky for me me, the prolapse meant I had to see someone other than her.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register