Horrible Post-Op update - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horrible Post-Op update Horrible Post-Op update

Unread 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Re: Horrible Post-Op update

I can totally understand why so many of us don't know we have bladder infections!! With so much healing going on post surgery, it is hard to tell where the pain is coming from. I am the Queen of bladder issues, so I automatically had a urine culture done at my post op appointment yesterday....JUST in case! No results yet, but my pain isn't too bad today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Butter: Ya know, that's a great idea and I'm wondering why my doc didn't do that. I've been back to her THREE times post-op. I'm second-guessing everything now.
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM

Jumping in here late, but could diverticulitis cause terrible nausea and abdominal pain? I'm trying to figure out why I've been dealing with both since my TAH last June.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Yes, Squeaker. I was supposed to go to my regular doc yesterday to review my Rx's, etc., because she said it was way too long for me to still be naseous. I am on tylenol with codeine for migraines, but I think the nausea was from the diverticulitis. I haven't had much abdominal pain though. That's crazy that you're STILL dealing with any nausea. Maybe you should review your meds and other possible issues with your general doctor?? I hope you feel better!! I've lost so much weight in 2 months that I can't imagine this going on for that long!! Thanks also for your good wishes!
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:26 PM

BB, I am so sorry to hear you have had yet another complication. You have really been through the wringer.

My best to you for some much needed rest and recovery.
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM

Thank you so much, RQ!! I'm losing faith in the doctors and hospitals here in FL. I just moved here a few months ago, and right now I'm missing my NY hospitals!!
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Horrible Post-Op update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergdorfBlonde View Post
Thank you so much, RQ!! I'm losing faith in the doctors and hospitals here in FL. I just moved here a few months ago, and right now I'm missing my NY hospitals!!
Bergie, I'm from Nj but living on pa now...I also used to live in FL. I have a home in volusia county. Just so u don't feel bad...I don't really think the Drs as a general rule are better up here but certain Drs and or nurses just don't have the knowledge they should or just don't care. My dh and I were discussing this tonight. Things just aren't the way they used to be. I can't tell u the amount of times I have self diagnosed and had to tell the Dr what "i thought" was wrong with me. Then I get to pay him for his office visit etc. All in all I still have my 2nd opinion at sloan kettering in Manhattan. I just think there are crappy Drs just like there are crappy people. All I can say is thank God for the internet and all of you guys...I don't think I would have come out on this side of my hysterectomy sane.
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:21 AM

mp: I just lived in NJ for 3 years with my DH before we moved here. Even the hospitals there were better, but, I used to go to the hospitals in Manhattan too and had full trust in them. I have great doctors in NY and trust them so much. It was sad to move!!!!!! I know that hospitals are all going downhill, but if I had "my" doctors, I'd feel better.

I feel a *tiny* bit better this morning. Lost 1.4 more lbs in 1 more day. This is getting scary now!!
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Horrible Post-Op update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergdorfBlonde View Post
mp: I just lived in NJ for 3 years with my DH before we moved here. Even the hospitals there were better, but, I used to go to the hospitals in Manhattan too and had full trust in them. I have great doctors in NY and trust them so much. It was sad to move!!!!!! I know that hospitals are all going downhill, but if I had "my" doctors, I'd feel better.

I feel a *tiny* bit better this morning. Lost 1.4 more lbs in 1 more day. This is getting scary now!!
I know what u mean about your Drs. It took me a long time to find a good general practice Dr there but I finally did. Also I worked in a few hosp here in pa and I can tell u I have seen a definate decline in quality of care ...especially with staffing.
As far as your weight loss maybe its water? I know I had a lot of water retention earlier on. So now I always weigh my self only in the morning when I get out of bed. I hope they have u on the right track. If you don't feel better I suggest you go back to the hosp and insist something is wrong and tell them you need to be admitted. Don't take no for an answer. Trust your instincts. Thinking of you, hugs, michele
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Ps. I miss living in Florida...people either love it or hate it....lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register