Scheduled TAH 3 kids and deployed hubby, no help! worried about recovery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 kids and deployed hubby, no help! worried about recovery 3 kids and deployed hubby, no help! worried about recovery

Unread 04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Re: 3 kids and deployed hubby, no help! worried about recovery

Thanks ladies for all the support! I found a Fort Riley wives FB page and asked if one of the wives would be willing to come sit around and keep my and my kiddo company for the first few weeks. Im most worried about him not understanding and climbing on me and tearing open my incision and us being home alone. I wouldnt be able to drive myself to a hospital and having to call an ambulance or for any kind of emergency assistance would terrify him more than me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 10:22 PM

Im sorry, thats hard. My hubby its in afghan too (not military though). Thank god his coming home for 2 weeks. I dont have family in US and all my frined are busy. i just had surgery almost 3 weeks ago and I was home alone for 3 days after the suregry. It was not a major like a husterectomy but still hard to take care and do stuff for myself. So I know how you feel.. Wish as hystersisters could live clouse to eachother to help out.. Take care..
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM

wow...no, FRG is not a babysitting service, but they ARE there to help the families, esp during deployments. I am not even involved in the FRG here due to my job, but have had the commander's wife AND COL's wife call me and ask if there was anything I needed and offer to bring meals or anything else. The only reason they knew anything is because hubby is taking leave to help me out. I can not imagine being here without hubby and was very touched by the FRG reaching out to me.

Even though I am not involved in the FRG, I am a new military wife (just over a year now) so I did take AFTB classes and learned a lot about what the different groups are there for. If your AFTB is that bad, I would call up ACS and ask them what they suggest as resources. AFS should be another good resource.

If you don't mind, where are you stationed? I am up at Ft Lost In The Woods right now. We have one more year of hubby being a drill sergeant until we move down to Ft. Benning.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register