ready to scream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ready to scream ready to scream

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
ready to scream

It has taken me 3 year to get this surgery approved. I have been living in pain and with increasingly worse bleeding. I had an appointment with my GP for surgical clearance in the middle of march. She called in sick. I couldn't get in to see her until April 2nd. She won't clear me until I've had pulmonary tests and cardiac tests, and god knows what else, but the kicker is, they don't know if they can fit me in in cardiology before my preop. So I may have to push my surgery out. Let me tell you it gets awfully hot in this motor home in the summer even with the AC going. I do not want to be in early recovery in the heat of the summer

Also, we don't know where we will be, as we have run out of money and may possible be evicted in the next couple of months
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Re: ready to scream

Aww, kitty - I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time! If it were me, I'd call and raise such a fuss that the cardiologist would work me in Just ask to speak to the office manager and tell them everything that's going on. If that doesn't work - then start calling around until you can find one who will fit you into their schedule! Make it happen sister!
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:19 AM

I have no insurance other than medicare, so I go to the va, because I can't pay a copay. VA is my only option. but I will call cardiology - In fact I will be there tomorrow - so I will stop in and bug them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Did you know that most walmarts allow RVer to stay on their property free?
Just some thoughts...
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM

yeah that is a thought
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Kitty,
first, I am so sorry!! If you were in TN, you would have 100+ acres you can park it on anytime!! Hugs!

second, my county hospital has hardship financial aid here. Do any of yours help for such issues? Perhaps they could help. I know, because my niece had to pay a $500 copay for her lap this week, and she could not afford it, so they referred her to the hospital for hardship... But, it is for public, county hosp.

please let us know how it goes!
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:03 PM

I believe walmarts only allow a couple of days though

I have a friend who is working on finding someone with some land who has a rv site
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:19 PM

AWWw thank you Alice - big hugs! I go to the VA and right no have no copay - just it's a long way off, and not cheap to get too. but alteast I have care
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:40 PM

alica - hugs and thank you - I go to the va because I have no copay - it is further but free medical care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register