How to take care of my incision - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How to take care of my incision How to take care of my incision

Unread 04-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Re: How to take care of my incision

My doc wanted the steri strips removed when I got home as he thinks the air helps to heal and keeps the area dry and the incisions not "soupy". My post op send home instructions were to leave on till they fell off (hospital did not give me doc instructions) - I ended up with 2 infected incisions. My doctor was furious that his instructions did not make it to me. I was on Bactrim for 10 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 04:18 AM

I am 7 days post-op with a vertical incision and there is one spot on that steri-strip that is so darn ITCHY! I'm afraid I'll scratch it in my sleep or something.
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y777 View Post
I never had any steri strips or anything my incision was closed with dura bond glue which I'm glad I didn't have staples or anything, never had to worry about the incision opening. I don't hear of anybody else having glue is this not a normal procedure???
Hi! From Wisconsin, I had the same procedure as you and Its healing good. There must be a difference in Doctors my Aunt said it was a newer way of doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:09 AM

Reneejean: Im so grateful that my doctor used the glue one less thing to worry about. Now I just wonder what the scare is going to look like after a while. How has your recovering been? I go back to work today and kind of dreading it. Hope you have a good day!
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y777 View Post
Reneejean: Im so grateful that my doctor used the glue one less thing to worry about. Now I just wonder what the scare is going to look like after a while. How has your recovering been? I go back to work today and kind of dreading it. Hope you have a good day!
I feel pretty good have the strange ridge on stomach from swelling . Other than that I'm moving around okay. I actually lost weight except for this swollen area. My Aunt just called and said you heal much better than the old days even then she said her stomach went down and has a small pouch scar barely noticeable. She said my scar will be better with the glue. I think well be better than before all my Aunts are in their 60-70's and doing great. How has it for you now? Let me know. Have a Great day, hope it goes fast and your back home resting.
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM

When I was in the hospital, my dr removed the large bandage the day after my surgery. When I went home, I had to clean my incision with warm soapy water three times a day. A week after my surgery, I went back to the dr to have the staples removed, and he told me to continue cleaning the incision, but only once a day. He said i was doing a great job keeping it clean, and I never had a problem with it getting infected or anything.
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM

Reneejean: I'm very happy that I had a great day at work, I didn't feel tired at all. My tummy is a little swollen but resting now, I was so worried about not being able to work a full 8 hours but I did it.
Do you work? Having any problems or concerns during your recovery?
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:16 AM

That's great your day went well. I can't wait to be more active . I am unemployed at this time I had worked in Early Childhood as a Preschool Teacher. I'm looking to try something new as I
have done this for many years. I need a change. Did your swelling go down at all?, Did it have a strange shape from swelling? When and how active we're you at 2 weeks I feel like doing more tha they say you can.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register