35 hours post op...Update: 3 days and a bit of a setback - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

35 hours post op...Update:  3 days and a bit of a setback 35 hours post op...Update: 3 days and a bit of a setback

Unread 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Re: 35 hours post op...

Gotta love all of the oxy- induced typos. Sorry gals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 10:05 AM

Rain-thanks for this post. I am now 5 days post RALH, and had far more back pain than belly pain. I am one of those people who had back (menstrual) cramps and back labor, so I guess I should not have been surprised by back pain post-hyster.

I was up and walking about 8 hours after surgery. I only needed help the first time I got out of bed, and that was because I got light-headed for a minute. I called for a nurse the second time I got up (about 10 hours post surgery), and he said I was good to go on my own-no dizziness or nausea.

You can do this, ladies! My very best wishes to all of you.
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Great post thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Day 3. Today I am attempting a trip to the grocery store. I will use a riding cart and only grab a few items so hopefully all will be okay. Will let you all know how it goes.
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:33 PM

yeah......that was a DUMB idea. Now I have bright red blood flow. Bad me. I am stuck upstairs in bed, again.
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM

You have to take it easy... that is one thing I had trouble with... thinking I felt fine then doing too much...
Please get rest so you will feel better soon...
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Re: 35 hours post op...Update: 3 days and a bit of a setback

WHOA! SLOW DOWN! You may feel ok but you have so much internal trauma! You could do serious damage being out like that within days of surgery. You need to be feet up in bed for a couple weeks before trips to the store!
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM

My surgery was April 4 and I must say as I was reading your posts I was not only jealous at your easy recovery, but also shaking my head thinking you were going to regret this. I am so so sorry your bleeding and in bed. As you've heard on here many times, put away the Superwoman cape and put on your comfy pajamas and let your body heal. There is no prize for the person that gets to the store first. This isn't a race to see who can do it all the fastest.There are however dangerous consequences for those that don't take the time to heal properly. Please follow all the post op guidelines even on days you feel well.
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:35 PM

If you are bleeding through more than a pad an hour you need to call your doc asap!
Unread 04-07-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainkeepfalling View Post
42 hours post op and I am being sent home and I feel great. I am wearing my regular clothes and they fit jut like they did before. So happy to finally be a princess and be on the mend. If you can have a vaginal hyster, do it. I feel fantastic.
awesome too hear, I to had a VH and are now 4 1/2 weeks out, and feel really good, but rememeber that you have had major surg, and rememeber to rest and not do too much ,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register