Sex sex sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Sex sex sex

I had a Vaginal Hysterectomy.... OK, having sex is worse than the very "FIRST TIME"!!!! I feel like something is really wrong. SMALLER>>>>I can't have it the regular way!!! HELP!!! Anyone have the same problem & HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Re: Sex sex sex

Yes, for me it is tighter and was very difficult the first few times but it gets better with time. The bonus is my DH is very pleased with the "new" me. Lots and lots of lubricant and lots and lots of patience is what I can recommend.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM

How many weeks are you? Take it easy for a while. You ARE smaller in a way, but the vagina is made of super stretchy stuff. Lube, lube, lube, lube, lube! If you are experiencing increased pain, swelling or bleeding, call your doc asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM

It does give new mean to " LIKE A VIRGIN, hey"....OK ladies, will do... I was worried & I said to myself, this is it. No more sex! haha haha I'm sure we will work thru it.....Thanks
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:16 PM

I'm really nervous about my "new" first time. I kept my cervix and my surgery was done laparoscopically, but I'm worried that things aren't going to work the same.
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:46 AM

The first couple of times were rough, I was scared and he was scared. The first time did a hurt a little but it does get better with time. My DH loves the new "me" and I have to admit I am totally loving the results of this hyster, I have no pain, no moodiness, its truly wonderful!
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberpenguin View Post
I had a Vaginal Hysterectomy.... OK, having sex is worse than the very "FIRST TIME"!!!! I feel like something is really wrong. SMALLER>>>>I can't have it the regular way!!! HELP!!! Anyone have the same problem & HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!lol
We had the same problem. It was kind of like being a virgin all over again. It does get better, though. Use lots of lube so you don't irritate or hurt yourself.
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1964 View Post
We had the same problem. It was kind of like being a virgin all over again. It does get better, though. Use lots of lube so you don't irritate or hurt yourself.
I highly recommend a silicone based lubricant...The stuff lasts forever, and doesn't dry up like the water based stuff. We actually had to "dry some off" because it was so slippery. Intercourse for us was great...so good that I cried for the simple fact that I had forgotten what sex without pain was like. I am going to kiss my doctor the next time I see her. (She'll probably kick me, as I was not "cleared" yet...I'm 5 weeks post op) No pain or problems as of yet....we did use a condom though to attempt to stave off possible infections. I won't be doing anything again until I get the go ahead...Feeling a little paranoid :/
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfe View Post
I am going to kiss my doctor the next time I see her. (She'll probably kick me, as I was not "cleared" yet...I'm 5 weeks post op) No pain or problems as of yet
Wow! 5 weeks! You're brave! No way was I letting DH anywhere near that at 5 weeks. I wasn't cleared until 8.5 weeks because I had scar tissue and she had to use silver nitrate to heal it. We had sex for the first time this past Sunday. It was fantastic! Much, much better than before. I was worried because I had painful sex before, too.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM

Thanks for your stories!! It makes me excited instead of afraid. Before, I would have to stop my husband man times because a different position would send shooting pains through my body. I'm hoping that once I get cleared and have sex for the first time after surgery, I don't have to say "stop, that hurts" ever, ever again!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register