Always in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Always in pain Always in pain

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Always in pain

Hi all, still have one month before surgery but I am constantly in pain in my pelvic area. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Re: Always in pain

Yes this was my experience too. I spent the last couple weeks before surgery lying down with the heating pad. Luckily I have a lovely family doctor who trusts me and she gave me as much pain meds as I asked for.

Just take it day by day and do your best. I hope things get better for you soon and you begin feeling better. On the bright side, at least you know you're making the right decision in having the surgery. Your pain is keeping the second guessing and self doubts at bay. Sounds like a small thing, but believe me the doubts are very hard to deal with.

Sending
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM

I was just about to post the same question.. I have steady pain as well, and am so ready to get this all over with.

Hang in there, and hope you get some relief soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 05:17 PM

I've lived nearly every day since December with a heat wrap stuck on me. Only three weeks to go!
Unread 04-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Yes I had terrible pain for years. I just had my TLH on the 4th.....even though my doc said it may not aleviate all my pelvic pain, I believe it might, because it was always just in my uterus area...and now thats goneeeee !!! good luck!!!
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM

Has your doc talked to you about issues that could be causing the pain? What are you having the surgery for?
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:41 PM

I have two fibroids, one is stuck in my uterine wall. In a about a week I'm supposed to stop taking aspirins and Ansaids. My last ultrasound showed nothing besides my fibroids.
Thanks for your replys
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM

I also have pelvic pain all the time, as well as gas and bloating. I also have multiple fibroids in the uterine wall. I also have pain in my lower back, and sometimes even my legs. I used to run every day, but it's now too painful so I can only walk every day now. My surgery is in 7 days so I'm looking forward to relief soon. Hang in there. It will all be over soon.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:14 AM

yes constantly since Jan, and on and off for quite a few years. Only 8 weeks to go and counting. Am thinking of going to my doctor and asking for something stronger. Not long for you now, good luck for the 10th May. xx
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Always in pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
yes constantly since Jan, and on and off for quite a few years. Only 8 weeks to go and counting. Am thinking of going to my doctor and asking for something stronger. Not long for you now, good luck for the 10th May. xx
Mine is also for May 10th, hope everything goes well. Glad to know I'm not alone that day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register