Post op nightmare - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op nightmare Post op nightmare

Unread 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Re: Post op nightmare

Glad you are feeling better today!! That made me laugh about your grandson and his having enough quarters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2012, 08:33 PM

what a mess :-( I'm so sorry!

If the nausea is any trouble at all, call and demand Zofran. Get the kind that dissolves on your tongue not the pills because the pills cause constipation (that probably doesn't sound bad to you right now, but trust me, you don't want that either lol)!

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from here on out!
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:25 PM

Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you for all that you had to go through as well as your poor husband, he must have been so very worried for you not receiving the proper care...Thankgoodness all that mess is behind you now...not drinking enough water and vomiting leaves a person very dehydrated, if you find that you feel weak you may need to drink fluids that put the electrolytes back in your system,,good sources are sports drinks like Gatorade etc...Peace be with you now..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 04:28 AM

So glad you are feeling better!! Wishing continued improvement each day! Hugs
Unread 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM

Just wanted to update you all. I'm much better now. No nausea, or iarrhea,and only taking pain meds at night with Motrin in the day.I'm feeling better every day. I Took your advice and called the Dr about the nausea and diarrhea this past Monday. The nightmare continued...see below. ( this was from a separate thread I posted Tuesday, but I forgot I never updated you sisters with the latest chapter of my hysterectomy nightmare novel!)......
I called the doctor Monday with questions about laxitives and insomnia,some minor issues, and also asked her if a lower does of percocet may help with the problems. She made me come see her.I got there and she asked about pain. I told her I had 4 of the high dose pills left and 16 of the low dose left. My pain was still not totally controlled on the higher dose , but was wondering if I should switch to the lower dose because of my nausea and insomnia, or get a refill for the higher dose since the pain was still not managed all the way. She pointed her finger at me and gave me a lecture. She said the only reason I would be in any pain at all on 7.5 mg of percocet every 5 hours wuld be if I was previously a drug user and built up a tolerance. I told her she was the only doctor I had and the only one that ever prescribed any for me. I reminded her that she did a laparoscopy surgery on me 7 weeks ago and prescribed these meds, as well as prescribing tylenol 3's for me after my ultrasound late December.If I had a tolerance it was from taking those, because I never took any others. She counted my pills, drew a little calendar on paper, told me she'd see me in a week and if I call her again about pain she would be sending me to the emergency room again. She wrote me a prescription for q10 percocet and said these plus what I have left need to last through the rest of my recovery . She was nasty and angry. I left feeling like a huge drug addict, when I have only taken the pills she prescribed in the past. This is day 6 of my recovery. I have been resting and following directions perfectly.
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:21 PM

What a horse's patoot!! And what a bunch of hogwash. It sounds like she is covering her butt. For one thing, if your tolerance was built up, then she did it. And another thing to consider is all the trauma you went through. Not having it under control to begin with, going to the ER only to get same dose, and then she expects it to be under control. One of your problems is that it never was under control. Once you are beind the pain, it makes it doubly diffficult to get control.
I have a hard time with pain because of allergies to most pain meds. Not only do I get an anaphyllatic reaction, they don't work!! Bad enough that I am still in pain even at a higher dose but then I can't breathe! And for some people, one pain med won't work but another will. Oh and bye the way, I am not a drug user and didn't develop a tolerance for it. So that is highly highly offensive. I think I would find another doc even if it is your gp. Have your records transferred. Her care is shabby at best and all she is doing now is covering her butt. I am so sorry that you are going through this nightmare. Your doc is a totall insensitive moron.
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM

thanks Zenyatta5
I don't have a GP. I'm basically pretty healthy except for my "lady issues" so have been going only to this OB/GYN for the past 4 years because my pain and bleeding were out of control.I've never even had to make an ER trip for any reason in over 15 years!I'm planning on finding a new GYN, but feel I need to keep her until she gives me the all clear after my 8 week checkup.I don't know if a different doctor would want to follow up on someone else's surgery.
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:14 AM

Hi Cathb...just finished reading your story (just got home Thurs from SAH Monday) and I am so ANGRY at that doctor of yours. Karma will be a real ***** for her. Someday, someone is going to say to her something she has said to you and a little light will go off... Thank God you have a great sense of humor about it and a supportive husband. And all us Sisters, of course.
You are a very strong woman and I wish you speedy, UNEVENTFUL further recovery. Laura
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Post op nightmare

Sorry to hear that it will get better I had mine 3-28-12 I thought I would never feel good again but finally I'm better. Good luck. Next time get some kids suppositories.
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM

I agree.Karma will be such a shock to her!! Glad to see you kept your sense of humor about all this. Just focus on getting better and stronger every day. We are all here for you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register