Post op nightmare - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op nightmare Post op nightmare

Unread 04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Re: Post op nightmare

Oh.my.gosh! I cannot believe you were treated this way! To tell you to go to the ER just blows my mind. Please do not be afraid to call your dr! Hopefully you will just get the nurse. It might help to write your feelings down and when you are feeling better, send your dr a letter telling how upset and let down you felt. Please dont let this Dr off the hook! Taking dramamine might help you with the percocet nausea. Take it an hour before your next percocet dose. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 09:28 PM

Thanks girls. Nausea and diarrhea are gone, Insomnia is my new friend.My spirits are good, I'm just resting and recovering normally now. Tried to stop percocet, but pain wouldn't let me. I'm taking one of the lower dose percocets every 6 hours and motrin in between. Seems to be working well, so not going to rush getting completely off them just yet. I just keep trying to stretch out the times in between doses. Thanks for all he support.
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:39 PM

I am so very sorry... I too had diarrhea and dizzy and light headed but a week after surgery.... I ended up in er and reacted to the meds and was worse leaving... I am so sorry for your experience, I know it is difficult. Drink lots of water. I drink about 90 ounces a day and it helped wash whatever was going on out and now I am feeling a lot better sick tummy wise. Good luck! Ice has helped my pain too but I didn't use it until a few weeks out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 10:35 PM

I am so sorry. You poor lady. I had the same thing happen going back to the hospital 3 days post surgery, the CT scan, the miralax hideousness. I feel so bad for you. But if you do get the feeling that you need to be seen, definitely go in. Go to a different hospital, but get seen. I resisted and it nearly killed me.

Hugs,
Martie
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM

I've been praying for no complications.My Dh is funny, when he catches me doing anything at all he sternly says, " you better knock that off or you'll tear something and have to let that doctor fix you again,"
Serious motivation for staying down!.
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:20 PM

The idea of that would be enough to keep me absolutely glued to the sofa!!!! Just imagine waking up to see that face staring at you! Ugggghhhh!!!
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:52 PM

My 2 week post op appointment is tomorrow. I dread having to see that doctor after she put me through all this!
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:14 AM

I hope it goes okay with the doctor. Take your hubby with you if you can for moral support.
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM

Hello Cath...Peace be with you today as you have your doc appt...I pray that your doc has turned a new leaf, and she will be very compassionate and understanding with you today. I pray that she will be as gentle and soft as a dove. Maybe she will realize she was very harsh and abrupt with you and hopefully her heart will be softened today as you and her talk...Peace be with you..
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Peace View Post
Hello Cath...Peace be with you today as you have your doc appt...I pray that your doc has turned a new leaf, and she will be very compassionate and understanding with you today. I pray that she will be as gentle and soft as a dove. Maybe she will realize she was very harsh and abrupt with you and hopefully her heart will be softened today as you and her talk...Peace be with you..
My 2 week post op appointment went exactly as you described above. Very strange. She was like her old normal self. Am wondering if she had PMS the last time I saw her. lol I didn't do much talking, was afraid to really say anything as I knew it would not be in my best interest to confront her or get angry or argumentative with her before she releases me at 8 weeks. She was kind, gentle, asked me questions and I answered. She brought up nothing that happened at the last appointment other than to say she was a bit concerned because I looked so very ill last week, and she was so happy to see this week that I didn't look so sickly and seemed to be progressing through recovery better now. At the end she wrote me a prescription for a lower dose percocet and motrin and said to keep slowly weaning off the meds but it might take some extra time as I had a rough start to my recovery.I didn't even ask for the meds, as I still have plenty here. I was so so afraid to go there today. What she put me through last week was just simply horrible.I was actually starting to obsess about it and was getting worried she may have permanently traumatized me. Being so blatantly accused of being a drug addict when I knew I wasn't really weighed heavy on me. Sort of like being accused of a crime you didn't commit. Yesterday I even went to the trouble of typing out a list of all meds, dosage, quantity, etc that she prescribed to me in the past 2 and 1/2 months.Looking at the HUGE list made me angry to say the least. I'm now starting to wonder if I'm going to end up with addiction/withdraw issues later. She prescribed way more than I even realized before. At the time I was in so much misery and pain from my Adeonomyosis and Endo and laparoscopy surgery 8 weeks ago that I didn't care. Now I'm wondering if I maybe should not have taken all those medicines.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register