14 wks post op and really an emotional wreck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 wks post op and really an emotional wreck? 14 wks post op and really an emotional wreck?

Unread 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM
14 wks post op and really an emotional wreck?

I had an LAVH Jan 3rd 2012 and I thought I went through everything to be dealt with, but lately I am thinking my hormones are out of whack? I can go from happy to angry to crying all with in a 10 min time frame. I know I will still have so called "cycles" I don't know if this is it and if so I wished they would have taken my dang ovaries, I am a mess! Please if anyone has had the same thing please tell me so I feel a little more normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Re: 14 wks post op and really an emotional wreck?

I just posted about this this morning. I am 4.5 weeks post and the last 2 days have been hell. Crying for, kiterally, no reason. Then the crying makes me cry more. I feel like I'm losing it. Just want to hide under the covers. i kept my ovaries so no warning about this craziness. My PMS was never like this... not for days. Other sisters have experienced the same thing and say that it passes. Hang in there!!
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:20 PM

I don't know if my marriage will last through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 11:29 PM

activefor4, I hear you. I am dealing with the same issues.
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:18 AM

Get your hormones checked out!!
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM

My surgery was December 16, 2011... I kept one ovary and am an emotional basket case. One minute I'm fine, the next I'm tearing up about nothing, then I'm overwhelmed about nothing, then I'm okay again, then I'm anxious... Then tears... Did i mention this is all about nothing?
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:10 AM

Thank you everyone for making me feel as though I am not a lone in this. I guess I need to call doctor and get things checked out because if not I am afraid my family will fall apart.
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:46 AM

Don't feel angry about keeping your Ovaries ... If your surgeon said they were healthy, and that there was no need to take them away, then feel happy with that ... I was told by my surgeon, that even after menopause our ovaries can still send out small amounts of hormones which can only be a good thing
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:19 AM

ACTIVEFOR4
My thoughts are with you. I had my hysterectomy April 4 and have been worried that even though I kept my ovaries, what will I do if they never work again.So far so good for me. Make sure you let us all know after your doctor checks your hormone levels. There are probably more of us hystersisters out there that are concerned about failing ovaries!!Hopefully your doctor can get you on some decent HRT before your family falls apart. My Mom was like this when I was growing up and I remember clearly what it was like. ( she never got help, or HRT, just lived with it and exploded on us). Good luck, and sending big Hugs your way!!Call your doctor today!!
Unread 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM

I know for me this whole event was stressful, causing me to be more anxious than normal. Do I think it was hormones? Yes, partly, but girls this is a major surgery! A major stressful event in our lives! I am still working on keeping my stress and anxiety under control. My body feels so weird sometimes, when will this end? When will life just be normal again? Only time will tell, and that is stressful! Give yourself a break! You've been through a lot ... Be gentle with yourself! Take care ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register