Scheduled LAVH scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared to death scared to death

Unread 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
scared to death

my surgery is scheduled for April 16, 2012... i'm scared to death, haven't been to a dr in 10 years, and now this... i originally went in wanting the nova sure procedure for heavy periods.. but uterus was enlarged to over twice the size they can do nova sure on, and my fibroid tumor is like 3 times the size they can do nova sure with... was shut down at every turn... so after way to many biopsies and ultrasounds, everything but the left ovary is coming out.

Dr. said she will try to the LAVH, but not sure if it will work because of the size of the uterus and fibroids... but she said she would try it first before doing the big cut...I NEED TO BE UP AND ON MY FEET BY MAY... i know its not gonna happen, but i can't be down that long....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Re: scared to death

I am six weeks post op. And I was scared as well. Let me reassure you all well go well. You will be a little sore right afterwards. The biggest issue is the exhaustion that last at least 5 weeks for most of us. You can take a shower and then need a nap. I would say the end of May you will have more strength. But you can not push it. You need to rest, thats how you heal.

Best of Luck!
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Don't set unrealistic expectations for your recovery. If you push it and don''t take time to heal you can cause damage requiring further surgeries. You only get one chance to heal correctly from this and it is major surgery. Please don't plan on rushing your recovery. Nothing is as important as your health and recovery.The size of your cut/type of surgery doesn't necessarily mean you'll be recovered any faster. They are still doing the same surgery inside your body regardless of the way they actually remove the uterus from your body. keep researching on this website and you'll find even the less invasive surgery girls are still recovering and having problems several weeks and or months post op.This is major surgery. Organs are being removed. You need to follow recovery instructions to heal properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Hi Trbl!
I am in the same boat as you, not knowing which surgery I will wake up to. I am hoping for the same as well, to be able to be up and doing in May I am a street character in our local renaissance faire. Our opening weekend is May 5th. But, I am sure that will have to be pushed back a couple of more weeks. I must have to keep reminding myself that my doc will be the determining factor of when I can return to work ( or play as the case may be!)

Good Luck!!
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I am 14 weeks post-op and even though I am healing every day, there are some days that I'm wiped out and swelled & sore. PLEASE DO NOT rush your recovery. You need to rest and your body needs time to recover. Even though mentally you may want to be back at 100%, your body isn't going to cooperate. Stress will only slow down the healing process. Listen to your doctor and enlist the help of others when you get home. Wishing you health & healing!
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:23 PM

I know not to rush but I'm gonna fell like hell if I cant help with hay season. I know bouncing around on a tractor wouldn't be good for me, I just hate not being able to do my share. That's why I've waited this long, but rest assured that Mr. Man will ensure that I follow drs orders to the letter

THANKS LADIES
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Oh my! Riding on a tractor?? I still cringe when I go over speed bumps in parking lots... All kidding aside, I'm glad to hear you have help and will follow the docs orders. Keep us posted !!
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Please go read the forums for " the road less traveled" and " bladder/rectal prolapse issues". Riding on a bumpy tractor is a bad idea for even 6months to a year post op. Seriously, your having this surgery so You can later lead a normal pain free life.Even if your doctor says you can resume all activities, I will bet all the post op girls that had complications would beg to differ with their doctors. You don't want to end up with a colostomy bag for the rest of your life or having to wear depends, or have further surgeries down the road. Your organs are all settling and it can take up to a year before all is back to normal inside there. If you bump and jiggle stuff around it can and will "fall". There are women that can feel their bladder and other organs bulging through their vagina wall. This is a very serious surgery. Hay season as well as a day working at a festival are seriously not more important than your health.Not trying to scare you, but please keep reading on here and take a look at a few posts from those that followed doctor's orders yet still had bad complications. You need to take it easy, for a long long time. During hay season make it your job to cook and provide cold beverages for the workers. this can be just as useful to them and will ease your guilt. Even if you have to hire someone to do the tractor riding, there is still plenty you can do to help out if you feel up to it when the time comes.What farmer doesn't love a cold lemonade and a sandwich?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register